Where the hell was everybody yesterday? BHF

Started by Woofentino Pugrossi, July 25, 2010, 06:37:46 AM

Super Dave

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on July 26, 2010, 11:00:42 PM
+1

I've been saying this FOREVER and agree 100%!!!
But then you'd see that all over. 

LRRS isn't as bad as what Blackhawk, Road America, Gateway, and HPT are seeing. 
Super Dave

KTG

I believe our final total was 85 bikes?   Definitely the smallest turnout I've ever seen.  Something needs to be done   
Gron4 Photography
Motorsports Photography
www.gron4.com

gearhead

Yep, it was awfully lonely out on Buell Alley!

mx558

I had to take this year off because of this great economy. I'm back riding mx for now, I can do a ride day for $20.00 and race for under $150, as opposed to to $1000.00 for a weekend of RR. Oh well maybe next year.

dylanfan53

20% + unemployment in the target audience group probably had something to do with it.  I'm out with vision issues that require surgery and recuperation.  Wish I could have been there.  See you (literally) next year!
Don Cook
CCS #53

Team Spalding

I was in New Jersey at the ASRA round. Hotter than shit there.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

spyderchick

Quote from: twilkinson3 on July 27, 2010, 02:53:12 PM
For Alexa - Ya I went down in the LW Supersport race...front tire got clipped setting up for a pass in turn 7 and over I went heh - good news is the Spyder stickers and 90% of the paintjob survived (lil tail section rash)...not suprising since the bike used me for a slider then decided it was goign to run away into the tall stuff lol

I'm a bit bruised is all - new helmet should be here tomorrow etc, have ti check out the front end on the sv but don't think anything got bent - brake lever and windscreen looks to be a bout it on that end

That's good. Glad you were able to save the bike by using your body.  :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

skiandclimb

I agree with track days being a player in low grids. Our local club here in St. Louis (MCRA) does a good job of generating racers though. We host our own series at our track days- The  MCRA Challenge series. The Sportsman's Race seems to continually generate new CCS riders, and in the past few years, we have seen the local road racer base grow nicely. The Challenge series grids have always been good, and with the addition of a $$$ paying purse sponsor this season- it has been even better.

I guess what I am saying is track days CAN generate new racers, but the organization hosting the TD needs to have a racing focus to it, otherwise folks just show up for the TD, ride then go home. Our club tries to encourage people to grid up...from the website, to the admin, to the CR's. Anywho, it's working for us.  Would be nice to see some other organizations do the same.
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Super Dave on July 27, 2010, 03:44:38 PM
But then you'd see that all over. 

LRRS isn't as bad as what Blackhawk, Road America, Gateway, and HPT are seeing. 

I'd be really curious to hear what the turn-outs are like at track days at those same race tracks this season.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

twilkinson3

I can speak to some of hte STT days at Autobahn, and Road America - they were sold out ahead of time, haven't checked in with Casper on the Motovid track days at BHF so don't know on that end or what Gateway/Topeka look like but at the couple midwest track day tracks...they've been full

HAWK

The problem isn't that trackdays exist but that the promoters don't enforce their own rules. All the trackday organizers specifically state that if you are caught racing your buddy you packup and go home but it is not enforced. Riding at a trackday and in a race are completely different and if someone is happy doing a trackday then they are probably not going to be happy in a real racing setting, conversely a racer is not going to be happy at a trackday. They are different disiplines and they both have their place. I think you need to look at the money issue for the current situation. I did not attend this past BHF but it was because I could not afford it and just for the record I have not done a trackday since May and only then to break in a new motor.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

mx558

I would rather race than do track days, track days seem like same risk and not much reward.