News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Where the hell was everybody yesterday? BHF

Started by Woofentino Pugrossi, July 25, 2010, 06:37:46 AM

IFMracing

Yeah, I'm good. My hip and arse are bruised pretty good from sliding over that curbing also.

Here's a thread with pics of the bike: http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/290431/582924.html?1280170456
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

Jan

So did the girl that was with you get over the crash? She did not look very happy.

IFMracing

Quote from: Jan on July 26, 2010, 04:44:41 PM
So did the girl that was with you get over the crash? She did not look very happy.

Yeah, I think she's ok.
That was the first real crash she has had to handle, and.....well, you saw how well that went.
I wonder if it was more the worry of what happened from when she realized I wasn't running to getting to me. (she was at turn 6)
GP AM CCS #28 ASRA #128
I.F.M. Racing

Jan

That's good to hear. If you need a good exercise for the bruised hip and arse, lay the bike down on the pavement and pick it up a few times.. :biggrin:

DanO966

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on July 25, 2010, 06:37:46 AM
WHat the hell happened? BHF looked like a ghost town.

It was hands down the worst BHF turnout I've ever seen!  Don't say it was the weather....Heck I remember a couple of years ago.  We had pretty full grids on rainy/stormy weekends.  I remember back in '05 (the year Schnettler slid over the start/finish line trying to motor me to the finish line for the win) it was raining so hard a bunch of us questioned why CCS is letting us race...(that was sketchy) the grids were fuller then this weekend probably at least 2 or 3 x  more entires....

Track days are killing racing!!!!!! (the economy doesn't help either tho)   CCS, WERA etc...all need to find a way to market to the track day guy/gals.  We need to start filling the amateur/novice grids so they then become experts and so on.....
So quit telling your friends you're racing when you just doing a Nesba or STT or any trackday.  Come out and ROAD RACE so when you say you're racing you're really racing!!!!!! just my .02 cents!

We need some Obama-Bucks....where is the club racer stimulus ??   HAHA :lmao:

DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

Mike829

yeah, if Obama could just subsidize rear tires racing would be much simpler!
Mike #829EX
Madison Sportbikes Racing

jigs

Danny.....I'm with ya on that,back in the day,when there weren't many track day providers,racing was the only game in town.Yes I would like to see some converts from TD's to racing,and would suggest it any oppertunity I can.I've found that for quite a few,there is an intimidation factor,and the expense factor.Some of my friends say Wifie  poo,say nono to racing.I think you hit the nail on the head,and that's as racers,who want our sport to continue to grow and thive,we need to promote ourselfs.I each of us were to suggest trying racing to some track day riders,it could have some impact....I will keep it in mind,and do what I can for sure.Speking of track days,are you coming out to BHF on Sunday? I want you to ride the Bimmer,I'm curious to see what you can do on the stock bike,only thing I did to it is a 16 front sproket,hit a 13'4....like to see what you can do.Internals are next....great races yesterday by the way!!

Burt Munro

Quote from: jigs on July 26, 2010, 06:18:28 PM
   I want you to ride the Bimmer,I'm curious to see what you can do on the stock bike,only thing I did to it is a 16 front sproket,hit a 13'4....like to see what you can do.Internals are next....
Did I hear Ben right?  He went a second faster on your S1000 Friday than he's ever done on his R1?  Without any modifications and only minor adjustments on the suspension?
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: DanO966 on July 26, 2010, 05:26:35 PMTrack days are killing racing!!!!!! (the economy doesn't help either tho)   CCS, WERA etc...all need to find a way to market to the track day guy/gals.  We need to start filling the amateur/novice grids so they then become experts and so on.....
So quit telling your friends you're racing when you just doing a Nesba or STT or any trackday.  Come out and ROAD RACE so when you say you're racing you're really racing!!!!!! just my .02 cents!

+1

I've been saying this FOREVER and agree 100%!!!
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

benprobst

Quote from: Burt Munro on July 26, 2010, 09:15:29 PM
Did I hear Ben right?  He went a second faster on your S1000 Friday than he's ever done on his R1?  Without any modifications and only minor adjustments on the suspension?

I went a second faster than I went the same day on the R1 riding half as hard. I have still gone faster on the R1, but it was silly how fast I was able to get up to speed on a stock bike with tires I had never ridden.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

jigs

Yeah,bike is bone stock,other than plastic,rear sets,exhaust.I did finally go to a different front sprocket,one down from the 17 from the factory.Ben gave a tip on a minor click here,click there,backing out 2 clicks from the fork compression,which we had at 10,the max,and one out the shock,seemed to help a bit.I think 12's are right around the corner,which is good,for me anyway.I was just happy to run some 13's back to back and I really think ther's more for sure.As I stated,springs are next in front,at that pace we know know she's collapsing pretty good....so,the best is yet to come....I guess it's safe to say,BMW got it pretty damn right first go around with this machine.

twilkinson3

For Alexa - Ya I went down in the LW Supersport race...front tire got clipped setting up for a pass in turn 7 and over I went heh - good news is the Spyder stickers and 90% of the paintjob survived (lil tail section rash)...not suprising since the bike used me for a slider then decided it was goign to run away into the tall stuff lol

I'm a bit bruised is all - new helmet should be here tomorrow etc, have ti check out the front end on the sv but don't think anything got bent - brake lever and windscreen looks to be a bout it on that end