News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Bimotas in LW SS...

Started by MACOP1104, July 23, 2010, 09:37:23 AM

roadracer162

I remember that NCR at Daytona-he was fast.

I am going to PBIR just for the fun of it. I am trying to come to grips with these Michelin tires but choose to take baby steps. I am riding more at a relaxed pace due to my last injury(wrist). I don't want to see that ortho ever again so I can also understand your limitations. One thing for sure is that I really enjoy pestering Charlie in the Ultralight class.

We shall rider together for a few if you are up to it.

The Bimotas I speak of is Kat and Bob on theirs. They probably are not totally SS but they are nothing like Kevin's. I must say even though a rider may have a fast bike it doesn't mean that that person will be fast. Kevin certainly is along with the company I keep in the GT Lights class.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

MACOP1104

Quote from: majicMARKer on September 16, 2010, 05:57:38 PM
I remember that NCR at Daytona-he was fast.

I am going to PBIR just for the fun of it. I am trying to come to grips with these Michelin tires but choose to take baby steps. I am riding more at a relaxed pace due to my last injury(wrist). I don't want to see that ortho ever again so I can also understand your limitations. One thing for sure is that I really enjoy pestering Charlie in the Ultralight class.

We shall rider together for a few if you are up to it.

The Bimotas I speak of is Kat and Bob on theirs. They probably are not totally SS but they are nothing like Kevin's. I must say even though a rider may have a fast bike it doesn't mean that that person will be fast. Kevin certainly is along with the company I keep in the GT Lights class.

I rode with Kat at Roebling.  I would be on her butt through turn 9 on my stock motor Supersport SV and she would pull me by 200ft before turn 1.  My SV is pretty stock and I outweigh her by 70lbs so that didn't help!  I asked her about her motor and she said it had some work.  She rides very smooth and smart.  Anyone know if her group is going to VIR Sep25-26?  It's not a FLorida region race but I thought they might make the trip..

roadracer162

Thus the reason for you not passing Kat. You were watching her butt through T9 found commonly the tactic of guys following Kat. It's not your SV, it's not your weight she has come a long way in the short year of her riding. My guess is she will be there as it seems she is always riding on any given weekend.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

MACOP1104

Quote from: majicMARKer on September 19, 2010, 11:21:13 AM
Thus the reason for you not passing Kat. You were watching her butt through T9 found commonly the tactic of guys following Kat. It's not your SV, it's not your weight she has come a long way in the short year of her riding. My guess is she will be there as it seems she is always riding on any given weekend.

LOL... pretty good one.  She is fast no doubt and very smooth.  She was running good lap times in the race I was out there with her but she was in a different class way out in front.  I checked her lap times from another race and she was 2 sec a lap faster.   There's another Am  with a yellow/black Bimota under her canopy too.  His bike is equally fast on the long VIR straight...    Anyway, I hope they show up.  Heck, I hope everyone shows up!  There's a WERA regional that same weekend, hope it doesn't take awy from the turn out...

roadracer162

The yellow and black Bimota hmm..sounds like Jeff Puleo(#706) They all camp under the MotoCorse trailer headed by Chris Boy a very fast and talented racer. Al and Larry are wizards at making these Ducatis and Bimotas run.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

MACOP1104

does Klotz still sell nitromethane in the small metal containers???

roadracer162

LOL...I raced against those big Ducatis back in 2005 and it seemed everyone in the Florida lightweight ranks started to drift towards riding a Ducati. I finally joined the Ducati group in 2008 and promptly spent twice the amount putting this Ducati 800.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

apriliaman

same thing happened to me,when i raced in flordia for the first time i was like the only SV out there and everyone had ducati's,so I had to get one.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Cowboy 6

I guess now everyone has to ante up with 32k + for a Bimota if you want to run lightweight!
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

roadracer162

Next to the $32+ the AMB transponder is nothing.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

MACOP1104

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on September 23, 2010, 07:51:07 AM
I guess now everyone has to ante up with 32k + for a Bimota if you want to run lightweight!

Or switch to WERA.  Duc 800 is the biggest thing out there in Ltwt classes.  I did Cycle Jam this year at VIR and had a blast!

roadracer162

I've been rethinking this whole thing. Whether I spend $32K on a Bimota or $32K on an SV to beat tthat Bimota-it is up to me to make that choice.

Leave the rules as they are and "Run what you brung". Let's race.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22