News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Bimotas in LW SS...

Started by MACOP1104, July 23, 2010, 09:37:23 AM

duckracer996

120hp from a 2 valve!!!!!!!! in a light weight Bimota chassis!....holly crap! I want one!

MACOP1104

I'm glad there's ULWSB.......maybe there should be ULWSS????  no big honking air cooled 1200s allowed.

vnvbandit

Quote from: MACOP1104 on July 28, 2010, 11:31:37 AM
I'm glad there's ULWSB.......maybe there should be ULWSS????  no big honking air cooled 1200s allowed.

Yep, I'm with you on that!    :wah:
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

MACOP1104

Buell 1200, Duc 1000DS, Bimota whatever they are.  I say let them run Ltwt SBK but not Ltwt SS

Ducmarc

the only change i wish they would make is allow 900 aircooled 2valves carberated in ultralight i can't run with those big inch bikes either or i could build an 800 motor for the 900 i guess but that's like building a new bike.

roadracer162

Marc, I was thinking about a 800 motor in the Superlight frame as Chris suggested. He said his weighed in something about 325#. That would be a pretty fast Ultralight SB. Or i could just cut everything off the 800 I have now.

On top of the DS, Bimota, and Buell in LW SB i would like to see the 748 in LW SB.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Cowboy 6

Quote from: majicMARKer on July 29, 2010, 12:23:30 PM

On top of the DS, Bimota, and Buell in LW SB i would like to see the 748 in LW SB.

Maybe we should add the early 2000's I4 600s to lightweight as well.... The 748 was competive then.....

Give the real lightweight bikes a break already!
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

HAWK

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on July 29, 2010, 02:54:07 PM
Maybe we should add the early 2000's I4 600s to lightweight as well.... The 748 was competive then.....

You're just not getting it, the real LW bikes are supposed to go beat up on the real ULW bikes. Then the real ULW bikes are supposed to beat up on...wait...that's not going to work.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Ducmarc

ULW  beats up vintage and vintage beats up 10 speeds and they beat up coaster brake  and they piss off the segway guys and on and on.........  been hanging around the flat track forum they have the same problems except its all of the sanctioning bodies in one forum. like the tower of babel.    hey markie you want to go flattracking?

MACOP1104

Quote from: majicMARKer on July 29, 2010, 12:23:30 PM
Marc, I was thinking about a 800 motor in the Superlight frame as Chris suggested. He said his weighed in something about 325#. That would be a pretty fast Ultralight SB. Or i could just cut everything off the 800 I have now.

a liquid cooled desmo in LW?  u r crazzeeeeeee! 

apriliaman

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on July 29, 2010, 02:54:07 PM

At least your the first bike under 1000cc across the line!!
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Ducmarc

why don't we put your motor in my frame its at 310lbs without all the nonsense electroincs  or we could just say we did and leave it alone      just kidding  i think i have enough parts to build a 800 minus a good set of pistons. i'm thinking about a st2  it has a linked suspension, ram air and a frame much like a superbike but better than a 888 but that's still to big for ultra light.