News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Will this Number Plate pass tech?

Started by Jstu202, July 15, 2010, 11:01:03 PM

Jstu202

Hey all,

First off you have a great forum going here. I am a potentially new racer, just joined the CCS crew. I have a 2007 Triumph 675 that I plan on racing, but I have a question regarding the number plate.

Will the number plate in this horribly photoshopped image pass tech? It does not block view.

Thanks for your time,

John

CCS # 900

Woofentino Pugrossi

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Jstu202

^^^^ Not sure if you are being serious or not, this is a photoshopped picture so the yellow is slightly off. But the vinyl I picked up is a tad on the bright side like the above picture..  I did not see anything about the specific color?

Your making me nervous now... 
CCS # 900

Burt Munro

Long story regarding the shade of yellow......  if what you're using is similar to John Deere yellow then you'll be fine.  Neon yellow is not good, gold yellow is not good.

Not sure if you're using commercially made numbers or if you're making your own.....  if you're making you're own you may want to go a little thicker on the numbers - more of a 'bold' font.  Thin numbers can be a little difficult to read.  Unfortunately, what looks good sitting still from 5' away doesn't always translate to what can be read from 100' away when you're at top speed.

I've worked as Starter for 3 race weekends and Tech for 2 others so far this season.  I've gotten to deal with both ends of the issue....   stick with the basics and you'll be fine!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Jstu202

Thanks for the info. The numbers I grabbed were from my local Triumph dealership, 1 inch thick so they should be fine. The yellow looks like the John Deere yellow, at least from what I can tell.. 

Is there any recommended place to pick up the approved yellow in case tech does not like my current one?
CCS # 900

roadracer162

I was only yanking your chain as the topic have been beaten to death. The yellow is fine and usually if they have a problem with it tech will usually give you ample time to correct it. In the past I know of they just have the racer make the corrections for the next round.

My advice to you is use your reasoning capabilities to make your decision. If you could see without a doubt your number as it is whizzing by you at 140 then you are good. Being legible is the most important point no matter what the size, color, or font. Yeah tech could deem many bikes ineligible due to minor technicalities, but in your case from this vantage point it looks good.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Jstu202

Ok thank you Mark, glad you were only messing with me haha. Those numbers on there are not accurate, the numbers I picked up are larger and much easier to read.

You all have been a big help, thanks again. Hope to see some of you 7/25/10 @ NJMP.  :thumb:
CCS # 900

Noidly1

Your numbers are the wrong shade of black.

:biggrin:
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

antirich

The 6 looks too much like an upside down 9.

Dyslexic corner workers will have a problem.