News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ANOTHER COLLISION w/a deer a Summit Pt?

Started by XFACTOR, July 08, 2010, 11:37:31 AM

XFACTOR

did another rider hit a deer at Summit pt. this past weekend? If so was he injured?

thepittman

Yeah sure did on saturday I believe. I couldn't see who it was though when the bike went through the pits on the Marrc truck.

gixxerfever

Rider is ok, he may have broken/fractured his foot, but the great thing is that he is ok.

XFACTOR

WOW!!  this is a serious matter. glad to hear rider is ok.  they better do a mass hunt through there before someone isn't so lucky

apriliaman

It happened 2 sec in front of me and i got sprayed a little bit with deer blood. All i saw was a deer then a big explosion.As the rider flew of and rolling on the ground the bike was still up and went like another 300 ft till it went down.We were going around 130mph on the straight when it happened.There was another rider 1 sec behind also.Lucky we were able not to hit any of the debree or the rider.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

fzr198

thanks for not hitting me , I may have been hurt if you did  !
I actually did break 4 bones in my left foot.   Surgery tomorrow

XFACTOR

GOOD LUCK with surgery fzr, your one lucky S.O.B.     :cheers:  to a speedy recovery

Ducmarc

i'm  game for the deer hunt and barbacue .

wirehairs2

I am the last person to want to "sue" someone or business , but I doubt the release that is signed by the rider could stand up to this. At this rate someone will die before they get serious and really do something about it......... just sayin!!!!!!  :banghead:

thepittman

May have to put crash fences up around the track. They would be high enough to stop deer. One of the reasons Nurburgring has fences around the track besides the obvious crash containment and vandalism reasons.

Ducmarc

does it happen in the same spot? maybe they like to run through one spot.  but it is west virginia which is completely full of wild life.

Peter998

If this one was on the front strait it is a different spot. The first one was between T3 and T4. A
Peter Meringolo 2010 Expert/ASRA # 998
ECS Racing