Happy 4th!!

Started by chaplain220, July 01, 2010, 05:38:05 PM

chaplain220

Just as the movie "Flags of our Fathers" revealed that there is a story behind each of the stars and stripes we choose to fly, here's a couple that come from you guys. 
I ride with Jay up in Md where he is a State Trooper and a member of the Air Force.  He's a great father of two small baby boys that have been struggling with some serious health problems.  He just returned from fighting in Afghanistan and presented this flag which was flown aboard an A-10 in his squadron.

Zac is about the closest thing to a brother a guy could have.  We grew up in Md and both ended up living in Fla where from time to time we get to ride together.  I followed him through some tough times, and watched him grow into a faithful man.  He has served two tours in Iraq as a Marine crewchief of a helo gunship and he is raising a beautiful young family.  My son is holding a flag that was flown aboard Zac's helo in Iraq.  He will be commissioned as an officer in the Marine Corp this July.

Camel is a red blooded roadracer, with more than one good high-side under his belt.  We met when he wadded his R6 on a local road in Daytona.  He has become an inspiration of faith and leadership.  He recently upgraded from the R6 to F-18superhornet, (which is still just below a GSXR).   Camel presented this Navy coin to me at his commissioning ceremony.

I thought the best way to honor these guys, and all of you who run the daily grind to keep bread on the table, while keeping the memory and future of our independence alive, would be in remembering these words from President George Washington:

"Citizens by birth or choice of a common country, that country has a right to concentrate your affections.  The name American, which belongs to you, in your national capacity, must always exalt the just pride of patriotism more than any appellation derived from local discriminations.  With slight shades of difference, you have the same religion, manners, habits and political principles.  You have in a common cause fought and triumphed together." 

I'm very proud of all you guys.  Have a great race weekend for those of you that will be on track.  Enjoy those Road America and Summit Pt fireworks.  Don't let the T-11 club burn down the infield, and somebody take all the matches away from RnR racing.

DakotaCBR

Jon Hatcher - CCS FL #308

barb_arah

A big thank you goes out to all our military personnel, so we can have the freedom we enjoy!
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

KillerCam

Happy 4th

Thank you for what you do.  Best to all of our troops be safe.

:thumb:
KillerCam Racing
KillerCamRacing@yahoo.com
2006 GSXR 1000 Racebike
2006 GSXR 1000 Streetbike
CCS  896
Wera 896

Ducmarc

thanks Art, we really apperciate the threads you start here it does make us stop and reflect on what sacrifaces our men and women are making every day wihile we go through our daily lives. it seems the media and our government has back burnered what's been going on over there. and it kinda let's it slip our minds unless we have someone directly involved.