My first attempt at a race report.

Started by Nate R, April 14, 2003, 09:12:06 PM

Super Dave

Clip ons?  

I think there are two kinds out there to get...

Woodcraft

Pro Flo

They are both really, really reasonable and then they can be removed without dropping the tubes.

What is Paul running?

Nate, you using stock ones?  That's usually what I use until I get new ones.  I think the important thing to remember about stock ones is that they usually have a bolt that holds them into the triple clamp.  Take that bolt out, as long as it has a pinch bolt.  If you don't, usually it will bend things up pretty bad.  Sometimes the upper triple clamp can get bent.
Super Dave

KBOlsen

Good job, Nate!  The temps definitely cut down on socializing... but you know you're always welcome to drop in.  May will be much better.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Nate R

SD: I have the WoodCraft clip-ons and rearsets.

And yes, I sure hope may is much better Kim. :-D
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Super Dave

QuoteK

Right, SD for suspension.... but probably also with SD about setup after I take the school.

I'm not just about suspension.  I can pick on someone all day long.  Hands, feet, elbows...  It's a whole package of minor things.  Lots of encouragement only goes about zero meters.  And there is always a lot of encouragement abounding in road racing.

I think it all comes down to execution.  What you do and how you do it, and how the things react to you and how you interpret the feelings of feedback, knowingly or not, from the bike.
Super Dave

Dawn

QuoteI'm not just about suspension.  I can pick on someone all day long.  Hands, feet, elbows...  It's a whole package of minor things.  Lots of encouragement only goes about zero meters.  And there is always a lot of encouragement abounding in road racing.

I think it all comes down to execution.  What you do and how you do it, and how the things react to you and how you interpret the feelings of feedback, knowingly or not, from the bike.

LOL!!!

That is so true!  Sorry Dave if I seemed to have limited your expertise.  I was just focused on the bike alone.  

Dawn   ;)

Nate R

Right, SD. I didn't mean to imply you were just suspension. If you were, I wouldn't bother with the school, and instead just stick to Ed Kwaterski. It's the fact that you look at many aspects of my riding and setup. That's what attracts me from the class. Critique and pointers on riding style/form/actions.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Super Dave

I'm sorry.  I hope my "tone" wasn't annoying...LOL...at least anymore annoying than normal.

Just making sure everyone understands that it's the little things.
Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

It's OK Dave.  Everyone who already knows you expects you to be annoying, and the newbies just figure that you only SEEM annoying because you know so much more than they do. ;D

How's the fiberglass repair coming? :o
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Super Dave

Repair?  LOL!

I unloaded the bike so I could pick up a shipment of fuel.  I ordered some new brake parts, the ones I so pleasantly ripped off.  They will probably be here on Friday.  

I'll probably get a new wind screen and go from there.

Unfortunately, my life is a bit tight.  My part time job, my full time job of running a business of a school and selling racing fuel which actually cost me money, wife and two boys.  I seldom work on my bike.  Wish I could.  Would probably go a lot faster if I had some time in it.  
Super Dave