VIR

Started by DougG60, June 22, 2010, 12:35:23 PM

DougG60

was my first visit to the track and have to say it was alot of fun. kinda floundered around first practice friday trying to stay out of the way. dont remember if it was 1st or 2nd practice but im guessing one of the cornerspeed control riders came around me and tapped his tail to follow. didnt get a chance to thank him, it helped to pick up the pace and lines. that track was alot of fun and work but was so nice to finally ride somewhere with alot of elevation. of course goes without saying thanks to the corner workers and officials for running the event smoothly in that heat. heres my supertwins race with a close up view of the back of a 1098 :ahhh: fun race, looking foreward to next visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVk0i89iaIY
EX101 Ducati 848

XFACTOR

looking good Doug.......VIR is an awesome place, I'm bummed I had to miss that one

CowboyRR

Good to meet you this weekend and congrats on your results. Nice vid. I spent a few laps behind that fellow myself this past weekend. Sunday ended early for me with a low-side exiting T4 in the ULSS race - lot's of carnage in that one. I think 7 bikes went down with me being the last one bringing out the red flag. I had no warning whatsoever - the front just let go.  Good luck at NJMP this weekend. :thumb:

Greg

smoke54

nice video Doug!  congrats on the finish!  i got the clutch figured out on the Buell and will be at Road Atlanta checking it out this weekend followed by Road America and then Roebling Road!  see you again at Summit.  best luck!
tim

ronaldo9

CowboyRR i was the first to crash between 4 and 5. Do you think the track was slick or something. I was not pushing at all. I lost the front at the exit of 4 and saved it then going into 5 i lost the front again this time crashing. I should have pics up soon I think the photography people caught the carnage.
CCS #119 AM

CowboyRR

Ronaldo - in my case the front tire was just used up - tried to get through the weekend on it but should have gone with my gut and replaced it before racing. I didn;t see many others lose it at T4 Sunday so I think it was my tire - not the track. Sure felt abrasiive enough when I hit the asphalt  :lmao: