Super Dave's house hit by tornado last night

Started by spyderchick, June 22, 2010, 10:12:08 AM

Super Dave

Thanks yet again for the great thoughts!

Amy was on TV yesterday.  She said the crew stopped by to see me again...LOL!  Amy got more TV time, but they told her to tell me "Hi!"   :biggrin:

Tomorrow we move into a new hotel.  Should be there for about two weeks.  Phase three will be another place.  Rental house or an apartment. 

Still looking forward to Schwarz on July 4th after Road American.
Super Dave

Super Dave

Super Dave

Ducmarc

man , glad you and your family is ok dave , was watching the weather channel an hour or so ago and it looked like more bad weather up there. we could use a remodel job too but not that way. years ago my trooper friend had his windows knocked out during hurracaine andrew he got a comeplete make over but what a pain in the ass it took months. at least you seem to have good coverage.   marc

Ducmarc

yeah the facebook link works what a mess,  i complain that all my stuff is junk but i think it would awful to have it dumped out in the yard.  the only thing worse i can think of is fire. 

Super Dave

Yeah, fire would suck.

I guess the "cool" part of a big disaster is that there's a huge influx of resources.  Contractors, insurance folks, etc.  Helps make it all work more efficiently with them all there.
Super Dave

Burt Munro

Be sure and keep us updated with progress photos too. 

I always appreciate being able to look back on those once it's all done.   :thumb:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

GSXR RACER MIKE

Just out of curiosity Dave, did you have replacement cost insurance?

When my parents house had a fire in 1999 they luckily had replacement cost insurance which replaced all items - no matter what they cost currently. Normal insurance only repays you the depreciated value of the items, alot of people don't consider that when purchasing insurance (or are completely unaware like I was that this type of coverage exists). In my parents situation the normal depreciated claim would have been something like $32,000 to cover all the damage and losses, but because they had replacement cost insurance their coverage was around $78,000. For the rather minimal difference in insurance coverage costs for the replacement cost insurance, it was well worth it for them.

Another odd thing was that their insurance costs WENT DOWN after the house was rebuilt! The agent said that's because the house (which was built in the late 60's) had been upgraded during the rebuild process to current safer codes.  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

spyderchick

Hey Dave, Good to hear you guys are in good spirits. I'm sure the moving about will get tedious after a bit.
Like I said earlier, if you need anything, just holler. <even if it's to just stop in and jaw for 5 minutes or 5 hours>  :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Super Dave

Quote from: spyderchick on June 28, 2010, 10:48:53 AM
Hey Dave, Good to hear you guys are in good spirits. I'm sure the moving about will get tedious after a bit.
Like I said earlier, if you need anything, just holler. <even if it's to just stop in and jaw for 5 minutes or 5 hours>  :biggrin:
LOL!  Yeah, neither of us will get anything done if I stop by...blah, blah, blah...LOL!

Thanks a bunch! 

I guess our house is now the backdrop for WTMJ4 coverage...We're not the worst at all, but, well, I guess, it looks bad enough. 
Super Dave

spyderchick

Why is that? 2 yakkers in the same room with all sorts of ideas and opinions...imagine that.

Too bad I don't watch the local news that often, you guys are most likely good interviews. 
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".