News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Super Dave's house hit by tornado last night

Started by spyderchick, June 22, 2010, 10:12:08 AM

barb_arah

Take care Dave!  We'll be thinking of you!
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

tug296

Sorry to hear about your house Dave, good luck with the rebuild.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

twilkinson3

Ditto what Alexa said Dave - I'm not too far away North on Milwaukee - we just got to watch the fireworks ....

Super Dave

Finally got over to the CCS board.   :biggrin:

Yeah, we got one finally.  Grew up and lived in Omaha for twenty six years, and we missed one of the worst tornado events ever, the one in 1975... 

Anyway, yeah, we got hit.  Our house damage is listed as "major", but we won't have to have our house leveled.  My trailer left the driveway and tumbled down a few lots.  We'll need new carpeting, new roofing, new siding, new windows, maybe a whole new garage as it got beat very hard.  The X took $7k in damage, wife's car was good in the garage.  Amy was on TV today...LOL!  We've been all over too.  American Family has been great, and I'm not generally a fan of insurance companies.  We did some other things with them too, but I'll have to leave that for another time.

We've got a dumpster and a big box now.  Throwing stuff away, packing things away.  We'll probably be out of the house for 90 days or so during the fixes. 

The family is all good.  My oldest was at a friends.  Just three of us at home.  Sirens didn't work...and that's a story all it's own.   :err: 

Does it sound like a freight train?  To me?  Well, in Omaha, there were lots of big, coal pulling freight trains coming from Wyoming.  Big power.  To me, the tornado sounded different, but it had the big power sound regardless that was enough for me to stand up and say, "Get in the basement, now."  Big change in air pressure, very different from an airplane ride, and then the sound of a lot of wind then a mass of trees, fences, and other housing debris hitting our house.  Kind of sounded like someone throwing about ten bowling balls around in a small room above you.

All happened Monday around 920PM.  House was secured, more or less, Tuesday night, and we got power back Wednesday.  Staying in Brookfield now, but we'll be moving to Oconomowoc for our second phase (more space), and then someplace else, either an apartment or rental house (seems to be mortgage companies that are eager to rent their homes up for sale). 

Was a real interesting 90 seconds that has a lot of work attached to it. 

I suppose we needed new carpet anyway after thirteen years here.   :biggrin:
Super Dave

skiandclimb

Thank God your family is ok, Dave. Good to see you posting up! Pics?  :biggrin:
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

Super Dave

Quote from: skiandclimb on June 25, 2010, 08:10:35 PM
Thank God your family is ok, Dave. Good to see you posting up! Pics?  :biggrin:
Thanks!

Got pics, but I think they are too big to post up...
Super Dave

gearhead

Glad to hear you and your family are O.K.!!

HAWK

Good to hear you and family are doing OK, and good to see you posting up, sure sign that you are getting on top of things.

I hope everything works out well in the end. Hopefully not too many irreplaceables lost.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Garywc

Glad you and your family are ok.
wish i was able to help you out but its kinda hard to do from 1500 miles away but if you think of something let me know i will do my best to help
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

Super Dave

Thanks, guys!

Not bad on the irreplaceable stuff.  Could have been a whole lot worse for us. 
Super Dave

SV88

Wow I was quite concerned about you in Eagle.  We got hit fairly hard in Watertown.  The plant was flooded next morning but we obviously did not see anything like the damage you experienced.  Glad you and the family are safe & sound!!
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

funsizeracing

Wow, that's nuts! Glad everyone is ok and your good spirits don't seem to damaged.
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com