Thanks #83 for taking me out during the TC at VIR

Started by Chris410, June 21, 2010, 04:16:15 PM

Chris410

I believe it was the lead group and I was not on my usual pace (typically high 30's) I had tires I've never ridden before so in turn 4 I was having to slow up quite a bit because was figuring out how my suspension was working, it felt completely different from what I am used to so I backed off to learn it (this was also my first race in over a year).  I think what happened is when he came around to pass me, he probably thought I was going slower than I was because in turn 4 I had to slow up more than any other area of the track so...when I accelerated, my guess is that he probably thought he was past me and when he turned in, ended up taking out the front. I knew he was next to me and I held my line so he was most likely taking a different line and just didn't realize I was still there since I too was accelerating. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I ride very clean and know how to hold a line whether I am passing someone or getting passed.

Like I said before, I was just hoping to hear something from the rider because I didn't know whether he was the type to do something like this on purpose or whether it was an accident.  I'm taking people's word and looking at this as an accident since a few people said he is a clean racer and doesn't pull things like this.  With that known...I am ok with this, while it sucks because it ended my race early and I was beginning to adjust to how my bike was working with the tires (first time on slicks on a stock 05 R6).  I was running the TC solo so my plan was to start out and adjust to the tires and pick up my pace and figure out where my limits were and hold a consistent pace.  At the time I was running 45's and picking up my pace with each lap, my goal for times was to run 38's to 39's however, I was hoping to get more laps to get a better feel for the suspension/tires to reach those times so I started slow to relearn the bike.

Thanks to those who know him and gave me insight to how he rides, it makes dealing with this much easier.  Believe me, I know these things happen in racing but it's also good to know why if possible.  I am OK my bike is OK and I'll try another TC at some point.  I am  grateful that I am ok and that he didn't wreck either. As fas as I am concerned I have gotten the answers I wanted so again, thank you to those who know him and gave me some info about the type of rider he is, I wish him luck with the rest of his season. end of thread
Chris AM #410 Mid-Atlantic
2008 MARRC Amateur Racer of the year

Sobottka

Quote from: Chris410 on June 22, 2010, 03:26:16 PM
I didn't know whether he was the type to do something like this on purpose or whether it was an accident. 
seriously?  :wtf:  this aint nascar
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe