News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Thanks #83 for taking me out during the TC at VIR

Started by Chris410, June 21, 2010, 04:16:15 PM

Chris410

Thanks #83 for clipping my front wheel and sending me over the bars. I has having an issue with my bike so I was WAY off my pace and as your group came up everyone went by no problem and I made sure to hold my line (this isn't the first time I've raced)...then you came, got next to me and completely cut my front right off 8 laps into the TC!  I mean seriously, if you are going to pass @#$%ing make the pass don't cut into someone and the race is 65 laps so it's not like you didn't have plenty of other places to pass me.  Thankfully, I was -OK- my bike ran over my right calf muscle and my right side ribs are pretty bruised up but it's nothing all things considered.  I'd like to think that it was an accident however, your lack of any effort to make an apology makes me wonder.  It's done and over with but if you pull anything like that again, I will go out of my way to make sure CCS institutes the maximum punishment and for your sake you better hope that's the only action I take.

The least you could have done is come over and apologize.

I can't even say that I'm mad at you, I'm more disappointed that you ended my weekend and didn't even have the class to come over and say sorry.  I really hope the quality of racers isn't heading in a bad direction because apparently others were making some stupid moves and taking out riders as well. 

If the incident was a mistake, all you need to do is say sorry...like I said, it's the very least you could do.

Big thanks to my wife for all her help and support, Vondari Racing for helping me out, Dale and Pete at Continental tires for helping me load up the truck and making sure everything was ok, Big Steve for taking my wife over to show her that I was ok, and the CCS staff for coming over to check on me as well. 
Chris AM #410 Mid-Atlantic
2008 MARRC Amateur Racer of the year

ronaldo9

CCS #119 AM

Chris410

Thanks and good meeting you!  Good luck with the rest of the season.

LilJayRR

Bike 83 is Paul Gilchrist, he doesn't post on the forums here. I don't even think he has internet access (I know it's hard to believe now a days).
He usually pits with us during the TC races. He didn't say anything about contact or bumping etc or that he might have taken someone out. Maybe he didn't know you went down? He is a nice guy and not a dirty racer at all. I'll let him know about this thread tho.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

Sobottka

paul is good people for sure, not likely he even knew about the incedent and as i remember him (from 05-07) not reckless either
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Chris410

Well, sounds like it was not intentional given the responses. Both corner workers saw the incident and the photographer got it on camera as well. I was told by the official that CCS would have a talk with him as well. Since he does not have Internet access, there's no point on me discussing it any further.

Sucks that I was unable to continue but I am ok so it's one of those racing incidents especially if he didn't even realize he took me out.

Be safe everyone!

JBraun

Sometimes when there's lots of bikes on one racetrack they bump into one another. And when that happens one or more of those bikes will tip over because they only have two wheels.
Keeping that in mind will improve your racing experience...
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Chris410

QuoteSometimes when there's lots of bikes on one racetrack they bump into one another. And when that happens one or more of those bikes will tip over because they only have two wheels.
Keeping that in mind will improve your racing experience...

Thanks for your insight however, this isn't my first crash in a race there's a difference between a bump and someone turning in and completely taking out your front tire.  I hope you never have to learn the difference because your statement tells me you think this was a "bump".  I have absolutely no issues with a bump, I've bumped/leaned on people and I've been bumped...if that was the case here I would completely blame myself.  In this case, the rider was not past me, not even close...he was only half way past when he suddenly turned in and cut my front wheel sending me over the bars so there was nothing I could do, if he was carrying more speed he probably would have only "bumped" my front wheel in which case I would have been able to save it.  From what others said, he sounds like he's a good guy and this was probably just a mistake on his part.  My intention was to point out that if ANY rider takes someone else out the least they could do is say sorry.  I know shit happens in races and I was just thankful that my injuries were minor and my bike was relatively OK.

Whether or not the rider realizes his mistake, I just hope he doesn't do this to anyone else.

Scotty Ryan

Ahead of time I want to say that if I bumped into you I am sorry. I know that Santiago and I bumped into each other multiple times - along with myself and Helmbach - All in good hard racing spirit. We all shook hands after the race and had a good laugh.... I never know how some of my passes work after I get around people - as I try not to look back during races - But try to leave people the most room possible - Provided that I am not actually racing them...

Pink/Black R6 #46
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

Chris410

The two other experts who passed were fine, completely clean!  From what I've read I'm sure Paul didn't mean to take me out but for a moment I wasn't sure.  Sounds like he isn't the type to do something like this on purpose so no worries!

Sobottka

Quote from: Chris410 on June 22, 2010, 07:47:11 AM
  In this case, the rider was not past me, not even close...he was only half way past when he suddenly turned in and cut my front wheel sending me over the bars so there was nothing I could do,
maybe you turned in too late?
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

naya the dingo

How far off the pace were you?  You got lapped by a group on lap 8, was it the lead group?
Lory Shifflett
CCS Ex. 270
WERA Ex. 271