Proud Poppa

Started by Court Jester, June 15, 2010, 10:56:26 PM

Court Jester

My 10 year old joined the Navy Sea Cadets. He's off at his one week boot camp now. No family, no phone, no e-mail, no mommy, and dragged out of bed to run at 4 or 5am every morning. He was ecstatic about the after school program. We'll see on Saturday if he's still into it.
He's rocken the uniform well for sure. 

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

vnvbandit

This is a great program! It teaches you discipline, responsibility, and patriotism. He will get to look at all the Navy's ratings (jobs) to find out what he likes. If he goes Navy, he will enlist as an E3. I joined the Sea Cadets at N.A.S. Lakehurst, N.J. Squadron 1 in 1966. It really prepared me for when I joined the Navy. In fact, I stayed in and retired as a Chief Petty Officer. Would I do it again? You bet! I wouldn't change t a thing!
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

tug296

Annapolis or bust, great thing for young folks.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

barb_arah

My son is currently in the navy.  It is the best decision he could've made!  I am so proud of him and would encourage anyone thinking of joining to do so!
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

chaplain220

Congrats bro!  My daughter just joined as well, very cool.  She's in the middle with the rifle.

Ducmarc

hey, not everyone gets a chrome M1 .i think this is great . my dad did 11yrs in the navy starting the reserves,was part of the evacuation of inchon during korea (i say this becuse he only told me about his time in korea last week).   if there's one i regret is not joining the service.

KillerCam

Good stuff. Keep up the great work.
KillerCam Racing
KillerCamRacing@yahoo.com
2006 GSXR 1000 Racebike
2006 GSXR 1000 Streetbike
CCS  896
Wera 896