Opinions on Power One C....I hated it!

Started by Speedballer347, June 14, 2010, 02:19:13 PM

Speedballer347

I am not the fastest rider and I was on a 1K, but this thing was unpredictable and sending me into seat bucking slides anytime I was hard on the gas. Almost crashed multiple times each race, and wasn't even going very fast. Even moderate throttle had the thing wallowing around.
The old power race D stuck way/dramatically better for me. One to two seconds a lap slower, and scared to hit the gas.
Totally disapointed  :wah:  Worst tire I have ridden on.

What is everyone elses experience?  Is the B noticably stickier?  Thinking of switching to dunlops or going back to power race D rear.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

ronaldo9

That is odd bc I know a few ppl that run the new Michelins and love them. This is the first time I've heard a poor review of them.
CCS #119 AM

tstruyk

Probst didnt seem to have any problems... may have been on the B though.
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Speedballer347

Quote from: tstruyk on June 14, 2010, 03:19:13 PM
Probst didnt seem to have any problems... may have been on the B though.

I am not Probst, haha.
He was on a B, but I am sure he would have been almost as fast on the C.
For my skill level, it was still the scariest tire I have been on.  Fricking HATED it!!!!  :-(
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Speedballer347

B is supposed to last 2 sprints.  Wil the A wear out in one sprint????

Speedballer347

Quote from: ronaldo9 on June 14, 2010, 03:14:50 PM
That is odd bc I know a few ppl that run the new Michelins and love them. This is the first time I've heard a poor review of them.

The fron V Mich was incredible!!!!!!  All of the issue was just the rear tire.

tstruyk

Quote from: Speedballer347 on June 14, 2010, 03:23:20 PM
I am not Probst, haha.
He was on a B, but I am sure he would have been almost as fast on the C.
For my skill level, it was still the scariest tire I have been on.  Fricking HATED it!!!!  :-(

you got skill man, he ran a 6.0!  Even if it was on a B the tire wouldnt be that much different for him as it was for you... pressure right?  set up?  did you try to change anythnig to get more traction?  Guys go fast on them there michelins (well all tires for that matter) 
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Speedballer347

Quote from: tstruyk on June 14, 2010, 04:07:37 PM
you got skill man, he ran a 6.0!  Even if it was on a B the tire wouldnt be that much different for him as it was for you... pressure right?  set up?  did you try to change anythnig to get more traction?  Guys go fast on them there michelins (well all tires for that matter) 

I think I am going to try a B rear next time.  That or an A.  I love the front V and want to continue using it.
What tires are you on?

gonecrazy

what presure were you running? the c takes a little longer to come in, ride on the b. the old D`s you were getting are soft compound the old E was a little harder and lasted longer. also since you kept screwing with your set up, that may have caused it also

R1Racer99

The A is supposed to be for colder temperatures, from what I've heard it holds up better than the old PR3 as long as it's cool out. As for the B, I was getting 6+ sprints out of them last year on a 600 at a mid-pack expert pace, and they were still sticking pretty good for a practice day afterwards. Not sure where you're getting the 2 sprints thing, I'm sure a 1000 will cut down on the lifespan but it shouldn't be that much.

benprobst

I ran a 6.3 on that piece of shit C with 50 laps on it. The C is a great tire, it lasts and lasts with amazingly consistent and predictable grip. The B also lasts longer than 2 races, for someone like you speedy it will last 4-5, but like I told you it will be starting to go off in that 4th race. The best thing about the new michelins is how long they stay fast, even after they drop to 85% traction and start sliding a bit they remain at that level until they are in the cords. Judging by what your bike did when I pushed on the seat Id say everything had to do with your poorly set up stock shock and what the 100 degree temperatures were doing to it.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

MELK-MAN

Quote from: benprobst on June 15, 2010, 09:36:48 AM
I ran a 6.3 on that piece of shit C with 50 laps on it. The C is a great tire, it lasts and lasts with amazingly consistent and predictable grip. The B also lasts longer than 2 races, for someone like you speedy it will last 4-5, but like I told you it will be starting to go off in that 4th race. The best thing about the new michelins is how long they stay fast, even after they drop to 85% traction and start sliding a bit they remain at that level until they are in the cords. Judging by what your bike did when I pushed on the seat Id say everything had to do with your poorly set up stock shock and what the 100 degree temperatures were doing to it.

.. what he said..
The C is more of an "endurance tire" if Michelin had such a thing. Same construction as the A and B rears and all the same compound down the MIDDLE, but the sides are progressively harder from A to C. Yup, the A is awesome as long as the outside air temp does not go above 69F or so.. For fast and decent durability the B is the rear to use.
I think there was more going on than just the tire choice with the original thread starter..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice