News:

MAJOR forum upgrade Feb 17.  Let me know if you have problems

Main Menu

NJMP Schedule correct? Lightning

Started by divein6, June 02, 2010, 12:35:58 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

divein6

Looking at the schedule up there, it say the 25th and 26th. Thats a Friday and Saturday. Just want to be sure that the schedule events are at the right time during the day and that is just a simple typo

XFACTOR

MY SCHEDULE SAYS 25-26-27 of June. I'm sure Fri is practice day with racing on Sat and Sun

divein6


naya the dingo

Quote from: XFACTOR on June 02, 2010, 02:57:54 PM
MY SCHEDULE SAYS 25-26-27 of June. I'm sure Fri is practice day with racing on Sat and Sun

Yo Mickey D, you gonna come to VIR?
Lory Shifflett
CCS Ex. 270
WERA Ex. 271

XFACTOR

NAH, can't swing it.  V.I.R. is my favorite track too.  I'm bummed

naya the dingo

Damn, is work just slow right now?  I don't think I'll be able to do the next NJMP round, but I should be up there for the one after that.
Lory Shifflett
CCS Ex. 270
WERA Ex. 271

XFACTOR

work is horrible. BMW basically rapes us everyday for warranty work. We (the techs) fix their cars that are under warranty and they find new ways NOT to pay us.  They cut warranty pay time by 20%, and kick back claims constantly for little petty Bullshit.....they're looking for any way to save money and we (the Service Dept of ALL BMW dealers) are taken the brunt of it.  Techs are leaving left and right, it's a grim situation.

Ducmarc

and they wonder why no one wants to be a mechanic 25 years as a truck mechanic heavy trucks used to pay good then they started adopting light truck tactics  so 7 years ago i started my shop out of disgust. where barely surviving too i used to joke that after 7 years were still the newest truck shop in the county  no one wants to be a mechanic i complain about the new technology but you car guys really get it. this new electric hybred nonsense is going to send us all back to the dealer  i think i'm  going get a job at fredricks and sell panty hose.




















naya the dingo

Quote from: XFACTOR on June 05, 2010, 12:17:19 PM
work is horrible. BMW basically rapes us everyday for warranty work. We (the techs) fix their cars that are under warranty and they find new ways NOT to pay us.  They cut warranty pay time by 20%, and kick back claims constantly for little petty Bullshit.....they're looking for any way to save money and we (the Service Dept of ALL BMW dealers) are taken the brunt of it.  Techs are leaving left and right, it's a grim situation.

Dang dude, that really does suck.  Hopefully there is some sort of light at the end of the tunnel.  I'll talk to a buddy of mine who is a BMW tech down in Atlanta and see if they are going through the same stuff.
Lory Shifflett
CCS Ex. 270
WERA Ex. 271

XFACTOR

#9
Quote from: Ducmarc on June 05, 2010, 08:33:50 PM
and they wonder why no one wants to be a mechanic 25 years as a truck mechanic heavy trucks used to pay good then they started adopting light truck tactics  so 7 years ago i started my shop out of disgust. where barely surviving too i used to joke that after 7 years were still the newest truck shop in the county  no one wants to be a mechanic i complain about the new technology but you car guys really get it. this new electric hybred nonsense is going to send us all back to the dealer  i think i'm  going get a job at fredricks and sell panty hose.






















XFACTOR

it wouldn't be so bad if we had some customer pay work to balance it out, but no cash work comes to a dealer who just put up a multi-million dollar renovation and has a $130 labor rate...people with the out of warranty cars say F.U. to that
  It really blows


antirich

Damn, that does suck. Especially for BMW, which are known for little bugs that creep up all the time. Kind of sounds like what doctors go through with insurance reimbursement.

On the other end, we used to own a Saab 9-3 Aero. After 900 miles, the rear wheels where covered with brake dust while the fronts where pristine. Took it to the dealer and they got Saab (or GM) to pay for new pads, calipers, rotors AND two wheels. A month later, the rear wheels where black again. We brought it back , and they now said it's normal. Obviously, they did all that original work to make a $$.