News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gateway Schedule

Started by Boober, June 01, 2010, 08:36:06 PM

Boober

Am I missing something or are we ten days away from gateway with no schedule posted?  I realize that typically all races are on sunday with practice on saturday but would like to see the order, times,etc. THANKS

Speedballer347

No schedule and no set time for the MCRA challenge race   :wah:

Don't know why they just don't run the MCRA challenge on Saturday like normal instead of trying to wedge it somewhere into the CCS sunday schedule
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

skiandclimb

It may not be wedged in, Speedy. They may run it concurrently with another race, and take results from that. Not sure though.
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

Speedballer347

That's what I thought Chris, but Tom says No....it will be it's own entity
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

skiandclimb

Yeah, I heard it both ways, too. Just called Dave Adam, and he said GT's will likely be run (all MCRA races) on Saturday, just like the last TD. Which will leave Sunday to a stand alone, typical CCS race day.  Also, I was told the schedule should be up on CCS' site at any time.
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

Speedballer347

deltadave

The Saturday trackday schedule will be identical to the May trackday and the Sunday CCS Races will be identical to last year with the exception of the Pirelli Diablo 600 Challenge inserted immediately following the lunch break.  Schedule should be posted here and at mcraracing.com very soon.

skiandclimb

#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

Speedballer347

I'm only doing 3 races sunday....hope they are all in the afternoon so I can roll in at lunch after a sleep-in

duckracer996

Schedule is up!!!!...Speedy, You, Chris and I get to sleep in and show up after lunch!!!!!
Go here for the schedule: http://www.mcraracing.com/documents/raceday.pdf

Tornado Bait

Will there be Dunlop tire support at GIR?
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

gonecrazy

also for you guys that dont know, the mcra has a gp race on sunday at noon that has a purse

Burt Munro

Quote from: Tornado Bait on June 04, 2010, 04:15:55 PM
Will there be Dunlop tire support at GIR?
I talked to Tom at Blackhawk and he said he was planning on being at Gateway.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

tstruyk

This...

Quote from: deltadave on June 02, 2010, 08:50:12 PM
The Saturday trackday schedule will be identical to the May trackday and the Sunday CCS Races will be identical to last year with the exception of the Pirelli Diablo 600 Challenge inserted immediately following the lunch break.  Schedule should be posted here and at mcraracing.com very soon.

does not equal this...

Quotealso for you guys that dont know, the mcra has a gp race on sunday at noon that has a purse

not to correct ya Tom but its a GT (25min or whatever)... you might wanna ad what classes are run and when (Am/EX and what classes are) and it was my understanding that it was still on SATURDAY not on Sunday... dunno how or why they would run duplicate GT's Sun...

might wanna clarify this

timmay
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

gonecrazy

Your right timmay, its saturday at noon. it just a am/ex gt race. open to all bikes the purses are separte for am and ex. I dont no way i put sunday and gp..damn pain killers

tstruyk

are they still doin the non purse paying GTL at the end on of the day sat too?
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

gonecrazy

mwsportsimaging

Anyone know about the schedule at HPT?

Tornado Bait

FYI.  I may be the only dummy that got caught by this, but the CCS practice pre-entry form doesn't apply to GIR events.  You have to sign up through the MCRA web site.
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

skiandclimb

Correct!  MCRA (Midwest Cafe racing Association) is the CCS affiliate for GIR. Mcra has been doing track days and racing at the track for 25 years, so the practice day portion is run wholly by the club (quite like a number of tracks) 

FYI- we will have a GT (AM/EX) race at lunch on practice day, which is sponsored by a large St. Louis dealer: Big St. Charles Motorsports. It is a CASH PAYING race, that pays 1st through 3rd for 1 to 5 entries, and 1st through 5th for 6+ entries. All CCS racers are invited to grid up with the locals for this "Big St. Charles Dash For Cash/MCRA Challenge Series" race!

See you all out there,
Ski
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

tstruyk

is the dash for cash $50 still Koonie? 

btw I so called you the other day and got nada back  :wtf:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85

skiandclimb

Quote from: tstruyk on June 09, 2010, 11:08:58 AM
is the dash for cash $50 still Koonie? 

btw I so called you the other day and got nada back  :wtf:

Yep- fifty bucks.  And as for the lack of return call, I simply do not love you anymore.  Nyah!  J/K- I have been WAAYYYY busy.
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

tstruyk

yeah yeah yeah... well I dont feel iike talking to you this week anyway.  If youre nice, after drinking a few of your beers we can talk then  ::)
CCS GP/ASRA  #85

RCR_531

Can't we all just get along? hehe See ya in a couple days
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

gearhead

Anyone from the St. Louis area got a read on the weekend local weather?
Weather.com says 50% chance of thunderstorms.  Is that accurate
with your weather people?

tstruyk

if you dont like the weather in St. Louis... wait an hour.

If you bring reigns, you wont need em... if you dont, you will.
CCS GP/ASRA  #85

skiandclimb

I agree with Tim- the weather changes by the hour. Saturday has a chance for some storms, but Sunday is looking sunny and in the mid eighties. Which, of course, means it will be dry Sat, and rain Sunday!  lol

Either way- I'm doing my rain-dance. I love running in the wet. (Shut it, Jerry! LOL)
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

barb_arah

No rain!  No rain!  No rain!
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

skiandclimb

I should smite you for your blasphemous words! lol (I think you'll get your wish though...looks dry)
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com