First race weekend

Started by brookester, April 14, 2003, 12:09:03 PM

brookester

I just had my first race weekend at Firebird this weekend. Had a great time. Placed 5th. Not bad for about four hours of sleep. :-/
Thanks to Decreasing Dave for all his last minute help. My bodywork didn't show up until 6pm on Saturday evening, and I was up until 1:45am trying to get my F4i bodywork to fit my F4. Next time maybe I'll get a better grid position than LAST.
It looks like I'm bit by the bug. Everything else, from here on out, is just waiting for the next race. See ya at the track!

MELK-MAN

how do you like racing the f4?? thats what i have raced 3 days this year. Great finish too from the back row..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

brookester

Well, I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I felt pretty comfortable on it. I only had one practice session and my first race was immediately following, so I had to guess on the suspension set-up. I guess I was pretty close because I didn't feel the need to make any changes.
It felt like the horsepower was in the ballpark.

bmfgsxr

congrats man. you might actually benefit from starting from the back for a little bit. reason being you have no place to go but up, and you will get  a lot of practce on where, and how to pass people. if you start up front(and run up front) then you wont learn how to pass as you move on up.

brookester

MightyDuc Racing

Good job and congrats on a great first race.  Keep it up! :)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

sdiver68

QuoteNot bad for about four hours of sleep. :-/

Get used to that!
MCRA Race School Instructor

Jeff

Quotehow do you like racing the f4?? thats what i have raced 3 days this year. Great finish too from the back row..

I know you didn't ask me, but I've raced the F4 since 2000, and enjoy it real well.  It's a rock solid mechanical bike, provides decent HP, and is above all, very forgiving...

I'm going to be running the new CBR600RR shortly, but don't know that it'll do anything to my times since I'm already very comfortable on my F4...  Will keep you posted :-)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

brookester

Well, I bought my wife a 600RR to ride on the street, but little does she know that I'm really just letting her borrow it for a year until I'm ready to put it on the track. ;) Gotta plan ahead y'know.

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteWell, I bought my wife a 600RR to ride on the street, but little does she know that I'm really just letting her borrow it for a year until I'm ready to put it on the track. ;) Gotta plan ahead y'know.

I'm on the phone with RFN telling her how to get to this thread.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

brookester

I want my pit bike back!!! :o

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteI want my pit bike back!!! :o

Possesion is 9/10ths :P