Which track would you prefer for the ROC on October 15-17, 2010

Heartland Park-Topeka
97 (60.2%)
Hometead-Miami Speedway
64 (39.8%)

Total Members Voted: 161

Voting closed: May 27, 2010, 04:36:16 PM

CCS

This poll is for our information only, it is not a guarantee that the event will be held at the track that scores best in the poll. The poll ends on May 27th.

As you know by now, the Daytona International Speedway is being repaved so we have to move the ROC for this year. The two tracks we use that have the weekend open are Heartland Park Topeka and Homestead Miami Speedway. While there are advantages to both facilities there are also disadvantages to each, so as far as that part of the equation goes, it is up to you to figure out which gets your vote. This poll is not the final say on the location of the event, but it will give us a better feel for which facility to proceed in negotiations with.

For reference, I've calculated some approximate driving distances for each region. For Riders from the Mid-Atlantic, Atlantic  and Northeast, the distance is almost identical, roughly 1290 miles. Midwest riders it's 1450 miles to Homestead and 600 to Heartland Park. Riders in Florida, Heartland Park is roughly 1500 miles from South Florida. Southwest riders see the most dramatic difference, Homestead is 2400 miles and Heartland Park is 1300. Great Plains riders have the reverse of the Florida distances, less than 300 to Heartland Park and 1500 to Homestead.

Please vote based on your likelyhood to attend the event. If you know you are not going to attend regardless of location, please do taint the results by voting.

Thank you for your support of CCS Racing.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

MELK-MAN

wow.. tough call in some ways. I should be biased to race Homestead since it is only 5 hrs. away, but the chance to ride a track i have never ridden?? Gotta hold my vote for a bit to think about it!!
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

f3racer

heartland park.

im a floridian but child support is a bitch. since im stationed in missouri topeka will be my best bet to run.
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

SV88

If it's @ Topeka, I'll definately attend.  Homestead and even Daytona would not be a consideration.  Daytona was fun (once) but I've got no real desire to go back particularly since it's become more of a Nascar configuration since I last raced there.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

George_Linhart

TOPEKA!

It is difficult for me to understand having the national championship race at one of the most extreme South East locations in the country.  At least HPT is roughly in the center of the country.

I get that Daytona is a tradition, but if that venue is off the table something in the middle of the country makes sense.

If at HPT I will definitley be there.

George

Carnag3

Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

skiandclimb

I agree, wholeheartedly, with HPT. Excellent track- great facilities, etc. I would love to one day race @ Daytona, but the distance is too extreme. +1 for giving those of us in the middle of the nation a chance to host CCS' Race of Champions!
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

Macon663

I'd rather do Barber than those 2.

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Macon663 on May 18, 2010, 10:03:56 AM

.. your not doing it right..  8)

skiandclimb

Quote from: Macon663 on May 18, 2010, 10:03:56 AM

You know- I agree with this. However, given that Homestead and HPT are the only two with the dates open, I chose HPT.

I think the ROC should be somewhere like Barber, or Road Atlanta consistantly. If all regions are invited to come out and race one another, then it only makes sense to host such an event at the most geographically nuetral of tracks.

I may get a negative karma or two for this, but to me- anually hosting the ROC in the same, most extreme location (geographically speaking of course) location makes the "Race of Champions" more like the "Race of Those Who Showed Up".

Fire away with the negativism, but I honestly feel the ROC should be held on middle ground for all regions.  Or, to be equally fair- have the ROC change each year, allowing each region to host it.

Just ideas....
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

MELK-MAN

been discussed before.
Barber.. tiny and slow. Fun yes.. but the track is too small for huge grids is what the consensus is. And, you never get out of 4th gear. And now ya got me "doing it wrong"  :ahhh:

Choice A) Homestead
Choice B) Topeka

take "where it should be" to another thread??  :blahblah:

daviid

out if either those tend to be the final option
David | 03 Suzuki SV650 | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484
RacerStuff.net / RTech Racing Fuels Fuels / Continental / Next Level Motorsports

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin