Anybody heard about the possibility of Summit being sold

Started by bill999s, May 10, 2010, 10:03:24 PM

bill999s

This is not a rumor. Where I'm from the federal government is looking into building a facility where they'll train Department of State people to protect diplomats, VIP, and other assorted important people from the terrorists. The facility will house firing ranges, explosives training, high speed road courses, among other things.  Apparently before they decided that two farms up here that total a little over 2000 acres was the preferred site, they were looking seriously at Summit Point. They had also been using Summit for different types of training. Although it supposedly would be a lower cost alternative to the site up here, for some reason this area is the now the preferred site.

Locally there is some very vocal, very serious opposition to this project (It's called FASTC which stands for Foreign Affairs Security Training Center). There bis a big debate locally about whether the majority oppose or favor the project. About whether it'll be good or bad for the area, etc.,etc. My point is that even though this area (the Eastern Shore of Maryland) is the preferred site, politics are at play and there are lots of places that would love this ($100,000,000+ in initial construction plus approx 1000 jobs). Even though the Feds can do what they want as far as this project goes (i.e. they don't need the locals approval) people in West Virginia would probably welcome this.

Just thought you might want to be informed.

fed585

so how and when will take effect and impact ccs from racing their
G-fed
#554 ASRA
#554 CCS

mikendzel

fed585

G-fed
#554 ASRA
#554 CCS

bill999s

Quote from: fed585 on May 10, 2010, 10:54:12 PM
so how and when will take effect and impact ccs from racing their

I don't know if it will ever happen. I'm just stating that it's a real possibility. Perhaps someone at Summit knows but I don't know if they'll talk about it. If it happens then the impact on CCS and all other race orgs is simple. No more racing at Summit Point.

fed585

well hopefully that doesnt happen anytime soon because i enjoy attending summit point to race, mike we did fix my dads bike after the crash at jersey that you were their for. We had a very successful season after that taking home championships in formula 40 and gtu. Then at Vir the last race of the season for us he went dont again, and the bike is still in pieces from that but we will but putting it back in the weeks to come and should be attendending summit point
G-fed
#554 ASRA
#554 CCS

Carnag3

Don't think it will happen.  Jenscott has been on our local boards talking about the repaving, and the new bubbles that have appeared on the track etc....
http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58279
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

drew231506

I'm meeting with him this week hopefully.  I'll ask about that.
CCS Expert# 13

Carnag3

Quote from: drew231506 on May 12, 2010, 11:33:26 PM
I'm meeting with him this week hopefully.  I'll ask about that.

That is how you are racing for free ;)
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

mikendzel

Quote from: Carnag3 on May 13, 2010, 09:26:30 AM
That is how you are racing for free ;)

I need to figure that deal out too!  You guys get way too much track time to try to keep up with you!

Rick Johnson 29

Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

bill999s

Quote from: Rick Johnson 29 on May 13, 2010, 01:53:37 PM
More throttle less brake and you can keep up.

That explains alot. I think I've been doing it backwards