SV Supersport Legality questions

Started by Wes07, May 04, 2010, 05:32:57 PM

Wes07

Hello everyone. Few questions about supersport legality as the rulebook wasn't completely clear.
Is a SV1000 Snorkel legal on a SV650 Airbox? It slips right in place of the other snorkel so I wasn't sure.
Is a 25mill kit legal on an SV650? It's brand new, 1,200 from ohlins and it's supposed to be the bizness.

Thanks in advance!
Wes Perry Ex. 352
Winner of 7 Championships in 2011
Sunwood Builders - Wayfair - Vortex - Dunlop - Motul

SVbadguy

"Original equipment air box must remain as produced. Air filters must be used but may be Aftermarket units. Aftermarket air filters are restricted to units available via normal commercial channels and designed to mount in the stock location for that specific model machine. Aftermarket air filter units that replace part of the OEM air box are required to maintain the original size and number of air inlet openings as the stock unit."

Fork kits are supersport legal. 
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

SoudersD

O/T: Wes, you fast SOB. I got by the 3rd place guy in AM LW GP on Sunday and was like, "where the eff is 2nd place?"  :biggrin:

I checked the time sheets and you were running 1:36's vs. my 1:37's, but the guy in 1st was running 1:32's!!! Ducati 1000DS, I think. I saw you ran 1:35's later in the day too. Awesome.  :cheers:

I tried looking for you in the paddock to say hi but couldn't find you. You may have seen my bike on the trailer parked trackside just before the bridge when you headed out. I was up in the stands and saw you drive by.

I'm sure we'll cross paths soon. :)
Dave Souders
CCS AM #412 / TPM Blue
'06 SV650

Wes07

SVguy, I read that and the only part of that pertaining to my question is "Original equipment air box must remain as produced." It is as produced, but just for the 1000, not the 650 and as it's a simply switch I wasn't totally sure but now I am i guess as your quoting must mean it isn't.

Hahaha, thanks sauders! It was my first race weekend, so my nerves got in the way of my usual mid 34's but i'm still happy with the results. I took first in LW superbike away from the ducati guy, said his all time best was a 34.1 pushing as hard as he could to gap me in LW GP.  Was a lot of fun and congrats on the trophy! I was in garage 208 and am usually in there or the one next to it. Hope to see you there at the next one! Doing Loudon anytime soon?
Wes Perry Ex. 352

SoudersD

Thanks, Wes! And congrats to you too!

34's!!!  :wah:  :thumb:

Yeah, my first race weekend too, although I've only been to Thunderbolt twice before for trackdays. Last time I was there (4/26/09) I was on a bone stock SV650S sans bodywork on BT-016's running mostly low 1:39's.

I ended up 2nd in GTL and 1st in ULSB on Saturday. I don't recall seeing you in the results for those. Did you not participate?

I really should do Loudon. Never been before, though. We'll see. First time for everything.
Dave Souders
CCS AM #412 / TPM Blue
'06 SV650

Wes07

My rear tire was a bit low on life so I skipped GTL, and isntead of ultra light I ran supertwins because at Loudon, SV's can't run ultralight and I didnt know CCS was different.  I got confused on my supertwins start and waiting for like 15 seconds before taking off though, so only got 7th lol. 
Wes Perry Ex. 352

tzracer

Quote from: Wes07 on May 04, 2010, 08:51:19 PM
SVguy, I read that and the only part of that pertaining to my question is "Original equipment air box must remain as produced." It is as produced, but just for the 1000, not the 650 and as it's a simply switch I wasn't totally sure but now I am i guess as your quoting must mean it isn't.

SV650s are not produced  (leave the assembly line) with a SV1000 snorkel, therefore it is not legal to change/modify/remove the snorkel with which the bike was produced.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Peter998

I am the Amateur Ducati guy. In the LWSB race I stalled at the start (Rookie Mistake!) by the time I got it going I didn't see anybody eventually ending up with a 2nd in that race. I look forward to racing with you all this season. Wes is correct my best lap time was a 134.1. The guy that was doing 132's were in the expert class I think he was on a Sport Classic.
Peter Meringolo 2010 Expert/ASRA # 998
ECS Racing

Wes07

Wes Perry Ex. 352

sv81