ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT @ NJMP TBOLT

Started by GODZiLLA, May 01, 2010, 06:20:00 PM

tug296

This is like an injustice that really needs to be rectified, so many got the screw, looks like at least go back to lap five.
I've got the white flag twice, more than once, in a few endurance events, nothing more dishartening after 6 or 8 hrs. of hard work.
It's a shame, but CAN be reflected in results I would think.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Burt Munro

Not even going to get into a lot of what was discussed here.......  you're doing a fine job of that on your own.  :biggrin:

Just out of curiosity, and not that it makes anything right.......  did the lead bikes pass any lappers at the end of this race? 

I'm wondering if that contributed to the double checker flags......  I've know I've been caught off guard before when the leaders caught the backmarkers quicker than I expected on the white flag or checkered lap.

Now back to your regularly scheduled ranting.    :ahhh:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

drew231506

Geez why must you do this...don't you want to be done with this?  But alas I will explain one more time to you.

QuoteIf you want results changed you should, if you just want the problem resolved... well, didnt Kevin say he would take care of it?  you sound angry!  ::)

The reason he said he'd take care of it is because we brought it to his attention.  Of course I want the results changed but if he say's he can't based on some black or white policy then I atleast want the issue acknowledged and fixed.

QuoteWhich apparently several people did, and it sounds like he agreed that they dropped the ball on this one.

He never officially agreed they dropped the ball.

QuoteI ask you again, HOW could they have made it right.  If you are sure he could have... or better yet, if you were in his shoes. How could YOU have made it right?  its a penalty that's been enforced during a race.  I'm not saying its right or wrong, but I think your gettin all bent outta shape wanting something fixed that cant be fixed.

He could have gone with the ACTUAL race results, doesn't seem to difficult to make a ruling.  If he can't do that for some reason then I atleast want him to acknowledge they fucked up, view the video, and fix the issue.

Quotereasonable request, but like you said...

one last thing... how exactly do you "hold someone accountable" for something like this? (either the jump start or the double checker)  I'm not being a smart ass I really am curious how you feel "justice will have been served"  regarding the "accountablilty" factor.  Most folks at a race weekend if coming from outta town barely make enough to cover expenses... so docking their pay wouldn't really be an option.  I guess we could always take em out back and  :kicknuts:... or maybe a good tongue lashing (and not in a good "Las Vegas" kinda way) would do the trick... my guess is it was an honest mistake and for a first round at a new facility with a new staff... i dunno I guess I just have more patience then most.

????  You make sure they were trained correctly.  You could show them the video and explain the error.  You can move them to a different job.  You can review your procedures and make a change to TWO people have to agree on a jump.  You do what you can to make sure this same thing won't happen the next race or next day.  Plenty of options to get the issue fixed.

Honestly I dont care all that much about my second place finish, or even the money lost, or risking my bike and injury running a race for no reason due to no fault of my own.  (We were NOT meatballed, we had no clue during the race)  What annoys me is the reaction to our complaints, the refusal to admit any fault, the refusal to review the video, and people like you who debate without making any sense. 

It's done now.  And hopefully by bringing this to their attention, CCS works to get it right next time. 

CCS Expert# 13

tstruyk

QuoteGeez why must you do this...

Cuz I dont race again til Mid June  :biggrin:

held accountable and fixing the problem are two different things imo... If I screw up my my job I am held accountable, and it impacts my paycheck.  regardless its semantics.

I made some assumptions.  I assumed that riders were meatballed for the "jump starts" not that a lap was simply docked.  knowing this and that the officials acknowledged the error(s) I can see why you guys are upset.  I was under the initial impression that each rider served their penalty and THEN the results were distorted with the 2 checkered flags.  Thats what I was referring to when I asked how to resolve the resuilts.

I appreciate zilla (I'd call ya God but thats a bit presumptuous  :biggrin:)  clearing up some things. 

So many times riders get mad at a situation that they COULD have had a say in and simply didnt know what they needed to do to get it corrected.  An official protest would have at least granted you time to appeal the decision vs taking the ruling at the track and being stuck with it.

The whole situation sucks for sure, my original point posting here was to nudge this away from a public bashing of CCS officials... might have a better shot of getting it resolved with phone calls and letters vs shouting from the mountain! 

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

600killer

funny that not one person from CCS has come in and said anything about this post

drew231506

Quote from: tstruyk on May 04, 2010, 03:34:26 PM

The whole situation sucks for sure, my original point posting here was to nudge this away from a public bashing of CCS officials... might have a better shot of getting it resolved with phone calls and letters vs shouting from the mountain! 

This is the CCS Forum right?  Did you miss the part where we spoke to the man in charge, in private?
CCS Expert# 13

MELK-MAN

CCS reads most of this stuff, I assure you. 
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

BowleroftheYear

there should have only been one round of practice on sunday. races went on far too late on sunday

Macon663

Usually it is 1 round.  I was confused about that myself on Sunday.

Carnag3

I thought CCS always had 2 people checking for jumpers?  

Yes we did pass lappers, that is how we ended up in between 27-30th place instead of dead last.  

Meatball flag did not come out until the 3rd lap.  Even when the meatball flag came out there were no #'s displayed with it.  The meatball flag dissappears on the 4th lap.  

Reviewing the video: no numbers came out w/the meatball flag.

Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

MELK-MAN

if no numbers were posted with the M.b. flag.. how the heck do the offending (alleged) riders know to come in to serve the penalty?
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

tstruyk

keep in mind this is the same crew that raised the flag... I guess to signal "on your mark, get set.... " then dropped it for "GO"
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"