News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Shipping my bike to Cali

Started by RAISING CANE, April 26, 2010, 07:08:10 PM

RAISING CANE

Looking for suggestions from anyone who has shipped a bike around the US. Any companies or methods from South Fla to LA.
Glenn Penland
CCS EX# 502
Sponsored by FAST LANE GRAPHICS for all your printing needs call 954-304-1422

wirehairs2

I have used and recommend  "Keyboard Carriage".  They only ship pianos and motorcycles. Caution with other companies as others advertise how great they treat your bike but yet they subcontract the actual transportation , you then are left dealing with a third party for any claims. Keyboard has always used their own trucks and drivers so they have total responsibility.

RAISING CANE

Glenn Penland
CCS EX# 502
Sponsored by FAST LANE GRAPHICS for all your printing needs call 954-304-1422

duckracer996

I have used Forward Air with good results. They are a bit pricey, but you get a fully enclosed metal shipping crate and you provide the combo locks and load/tie down the bike yourself so no one else touches it, you lock the doors yourself. You send the combonations to the person on the receiving end so no one has access but you and the receiver. Sent 3 bikes I sold on E-bay that way. Never had an issue.

f3racer

i used AA motorcycle transport. they shipped my bike from orlando florida to ft lewis WA for 600. they came to the house crated it and shipped it. they will not keep the key so you have to either send the key in the mial or carry it yourself.
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

gixxerfever

YRC (yellow Freight) using them now will report back when i get the bike
Allied - shipped a bike from CT to Chicago