Im going to do it.

Started by Steviebee, April 11, 2003, 09:18:28 PM

Steviebee

Theres no turning back now.  

switching to GP shifting !

Got 2 track days this weekend and then 2 more at BFR for the NESBA weekend.  Then RA.  Hopefully ill get used to it by then.  

Anyone else going to Putnam Park tomorow?

Stop by and say Hi.   Yellow Gsxr #281,  Black Ford Ranger with 6x12 Pace trailer.

Steve

Super Dave

Make an effort to really move your foot around so you can't screw up.  You probably will, but if you can move your foot into the correct position...

It will still take you a day, then a real effort the next morning.  You'll get it.
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

Took me about 2 sessions to get used to it.  I think I tried to go the wrong way twice after that and caught myself before I did it (both times I upshifted instead of downshifted).  Funny...after 24 years of shifting the standard way, and only 3 weekends of shifting GP, I rode my dad's street bike the other day and his standard shift was weird, uncomfortable, and annoying...lol.  Once you switch, you'll never go back!  Good luck with it. ;)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Bernie

MightyDuc,  what is "upnutsed". 8)

EX#996

QuoteMightyDuc,  what is "upnutsed". 8)

LOL!!

That's upSHIFTed with out the 'F'

The BBS edit strikes again!

Dawn   ;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

MightyDuc Racing

QuoteMightyDuc,  what is "upnutsed". 8)

I bet I missed the "f" in "upshifted and the board changed ups-h-i-ted to upnutsed...lol.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MightyDuc Racing

Fixed it...I was right.  I hate when I up sh-it... ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Steviebee

Well taped a reminder on my triple clamps.

Made a few ooppsies, one not so bad.  One really really bad.  I mean totally bad.

As in Full throttle 14,000 rpm clutchless upshift (when i goof and went down shift)  on the straight .  Almost ent over the handlebars.   Tach was pinned at 16,000 rpm.   OMG OMG OMG.  but she didnt blow up (yell atleast not yet), and finished 4 afternoon sessions.  Although it did feel like my clutch was slipping at the end of the day.  I'll have to change the oil on Monday and see what it looks like.

But the Afternoon went good, no slip ups.  So we'll hope that tomorow goes good too.

For Putnam !!

On the lighter side of things, the weather was GREAT 70 for a high with a little breeze, and SUNNY SUNNY SUNNY.  Jack musta got a billion photos.

Bike felt good (for stock suspenders) got a lot of knee time in 5, 7 , 9 & 10 (rights) and good amount in 8, and just a little bit in 4.  But still working on 1 and 2 (these are the fast turns)  did get some knew down by the end of the day, but just not real reapeatable !!  I'm almost burned through my right knee slider,  I just felt real comfortable in 9 & 10 and alot better in the other corners.

Asking some other guys what lap times they had when i was folowing them i think i got about 2 secs faster than my last time here,  still not superfast but still an improvement.  Hopefully next week, ill have full suspension setup !! cant wait.

Super Dave

Two seconds is good.  And all you have to do is improve during the year....
Super Dave