News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

EDIT: WTF did I buy? & Cold pressures for MICH Power Ones???????

Started by Speedballer347, April 14, 2010, 11:24:18 PM

tstruyk

I dunno Speedy... not to disagree with Greg but with as much time as you spend on the back tire I dont think you'll keep enough heat in that front to make it work  :ass:

See ya at GIR  :cheers:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Speedballer347 on April 15, 2010, 07:46:42 PM
Sticky race rubber don't stay sticky long  :biggrin:

THe fact that it slid the front for so long, tells me the front is predictable  8)

Imma settle on the 120V and the 190B for racing this year.

I can NOT believe the shit i have gotten away with on the V front.. it is awesome.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Speedballer347

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

MELK-MAN

MACOP1104

Bringing this back from the dead.   Did the Power Ones have some issues at Daytona at the 09 ROC or the 2010 season opener?

motomaniac

Ex#61

MACOP1104

MELK-MAN

Quote from: MACOP1104 on December 07, 2010, 07:55:47 AM
i thought I read somewhere they were chunking. 

At Daytona.. ALL brands that did not have a daytona specific would SOMETIMES chunk, especially on 1000cc bikes. I would call that an isolated case due to the extreme demands of the Daytona speedway :)

MACOP1104

Quote from: MELK-MAN on December 07, 2010, 10:10:19 AM
At Daytona.. ALL brands that did not have a daytona specific would SOMETIMES chunk, especially on 1000cc bikes. I would call that an isolated case due to the extreme demands of the Daytona speedway :)

So if I run a V front and a B rear I shouldn't have a problem on my oh-so smoking fast 82 HP SV650?   

lol.....

Fast Eddy

Quote from: MACOP1104 on December 07, 2010, 10:44:39 AM
So if I run a V front and a B rear I shouldn't have a problem on my oh-so smoking fast 82 HP SV650?   

lol.....
Well in that case you may want to be easy on them. :-)
Ed (AKA Dirt nap) CCS #102
http://www.southeastsales.com/
The liver is evil and must be punished!
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

MELK-MAN

Have no idea after this repave, more grip on the banking could be bad on tires? every new track or repave of existing that i have heard about or ridden on, was harder on tires than old polished tracks. I have riden A rears at Daytona provided the temps were cooler and track temps down (on my 600's).... Construction, and middle compound of PowerONe are the same on A/B/C rears, just side compounds are different.

MACOP1104

Well maybe the cars will "break in" the asphalt on the banking.  I would like to try a C rear at Roebling or VIR this summer but they haven't come out with one in a 160.