Newbie Questions for CCS Racing

Started by RollieManollie, April 14, 2010, 10:46:37 AM

RollieManollie

Got some newb. questions maybe you guys and girls can help me out on.  I'm getting ready to join CCS for the NJMP round and been reading the rule book day and night.  Can someone just confirm with me what races I can enter and what my bike qualifies for?

I've got a super stock GSXR 750.

Races that I can enter: 
1. GTO - Saturday
2. Unlimited Supersport  - Sunday
3. Heavyweight Supersport   - Sunday
4. Unlimited GP  - Sunday
5. Heavyweight Superbike - Sunday
6. Unlimited Superbike - Sunday. 

I'm looking for any help or suggestions on the classes in question!  I really have no idea where to start as to the difference between Unlimited GP and Unlimited Superbike.  There is no way I'm going to race 5 sprints on a Sunday but if I can narrow it down to 3 that would be great!  Really looking forward to racing with CCS next month! 

Thanks for your help!

roadracer162

Yes to all of them.

In essence a MotoGP bike could run in UL GP but not in UL SB.

I would say 2, 3, and 5 on Sunday to be the most competitive.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

RollieManollie

Sweet!  Thank you for your help! 

How does contingency work?  Do I just list my contingency sponsors on the tech sheet? 

Carnag3

Quote from: RollieManollie on April 14, 2010, 10:46:37 AM
Got some newb. questions maybe you guys and girls can help me out on.  I'm getting ready to join CCS for the NJMP round and been reading the rule book day and night.  Can someone just confirm with me what races I can enter and what my bike qualifies for?

I've got a super stock GSXR 750.

Races that I can enter: 
1. GTO - Saturday
2. Unlimited Supersport  - Sunday
3. Heavyweight Supersport   - Sunday
4. Unlimited GP  - Sunday
5. Heavyweight Superbike - Sunday
6. Unlimited Superbike - Sunday. 

I'm looking for any help or suggestions on the classes in question!  I really have no idea where to start as to the difference between Unlimited GP and Unlimited Superbike.  There is no way I'm going to race 5 sprints on a Sunday but if I can narrow it down to 3 that would be great!  Really looking forward to racing with CCS next month! 

Thanks for your help!

I did 16 races this past weekend, I'm sure you can do 5 :P
I would try to register for at least 2-3 races for Saturday and 2-3 for Sunday.  For Sunday I would register for the HW SS/SB and UNL SS race if your looking to battle it out.  Try not to get back to back races.  

Quote from: RollieManollie on April 14, 2010, 11:02:16 AM
Sweet!  Thank you for your help! 

How does contingency work?  Do I just list my contingency sponsors on the tech sheet? 
Sponsor sheet and fill out the contingency sheet, you can get the sponsor sheet online.  Contingency sheet at the track.
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

RollieManollie

Thanks Carnag3!  16 races - Wow!

I'm looking at the schedule for NJMP and it looks like the only race I can do is the GTO on Saturday, a 25 minute race.  Unless I'm missing something?

Thanks for your help - keep it coming!   

Rick Johnson 29

Yeah it looks like only GTO Sat. If your only doing 3 Sun. Go with Unl.SS, HWSS, and HWSB. They is usually a mix of 600's and 750's in the HW class. Good luck.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

RollieManollie

Quote from: Rick Johnson 29 on April 14, 2010, 01:49:20 PM
Yeah it looks like only GTO Sat. If your only doing 3 Sun. Go with Unl.SS, HWSS, and HWSB. They is usually a mix of 600's and 750's in the HW class. Good luck.

Thanks!   

Looking forward to trying CCS and a new track! 

Any other words of wisdom before I pre-register..lol!   Looks like I'll be the first race on Saturday and then I can be a spectator for the rest of the day. 

Carnag3

Quote from: RollieManollie on April 14, 2010, 03:04:45 PM
Thanks!  

Looking forward to trying CCS and a new track! 

Any other words of wisdom before I pre-register..lol!   Looks like I'll be the first race on Saturday and then I can be a spectator for the rest of the day. 

I'm with you on the same boat.  ON Saturday I'm only doing the GTU race and the MW GP race.  On Sunday I'll be doing the MW SS/SB, HW SS/SB, UNL SS/SB  If you find me feel free to stop by.

Words of wisdom, don't forget where you grid at, your 1st race, your 1st lap your going to have a lot of adrenaline pumping do not forget to brake :P.

If you think your not going to make the turn, its better to run off. 
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

RollieManollie

Quote from: Carnag3 on April 14, 2010, 08:24:09 PM
I'm with you on the same boat.  ON Saturday I'm only doing the GTU race and the MW GP race.  On Sunday I'll be doing the MW SS/SB, HW SS/SB, UNL SS/SB  If you find me feel free to stop by.

Words of wisdom, don't forget where you grid at, your 1st race, your 1st lap your going to have a lot of adrenaline pumping do not forget to brake :P.

If you think your not going to make the turn, its better to run off. 

Got it!   I called ahead to CCS and I can use my same number.  I'm 577, thanks for the help and I'll look for ya! 

Sklossmonster

Relax and have fun, sometimes your biggest obstacle is yourself.  Just ride your best, make good decisions, and be sure you are properly prepared for a race weekend.  The more organized and well prepared you are the easier it will be to focus on your riding. 

And remember, as the boys at Honda are fond of saying "To finish first, first you must finish!"

Good luck!
www.TurnOneRacing.com
Bridgestone Vendor and Midwest Trackside Support Team
Complete  Race and Track bike preparations, modifications, and repairs

mike574

Rollie I think I'm in the same boat, I planing to ride the GTU on saturday then 3 races on sunday, looks like I'll be by my self Pat is racing supermoto instead.
BREW CREW Racing

Solo

Rollie,
You're not alone.  I'm going out with CCS for the first time that weekend as well with the GTO race.  Same bike.
Maybe we can pit next to each other.  As we stumble through the issues we might get through the first day unscathed!

Craig
CCS AM #532