gsxr 1000 set up tips

Started by Ungwaha, May 11, 2002, 05:16:18 PM

Ungwaha

Does anybody ahev the numbers for dropping the front end and raising the rear?
Damn I'm slow

Super Dave

I think Traxxion Dynamics has the best handle on it since they do all of Team Valvoline's stuff.  I would bet that you raise the rear and drop the front.

I understand that the forks are really cheap on them and require a pretty good rework.

The GSXR600 gets the rear shock set at 338mm, eye to eye, and the forks raised 8mm from the top to the triple clamp to the top of the fork cap.
Super Dave

Ungwaha

Yeha Max quoted me a price of around $750 to rework my forks.  The numbers are what i was looking for thanks
Damn I'm slow

actiontek

i spoke to Jim Lendermen @ LE; he told me that the set-up should be dialed in for the individual rider and the particular track. His best advice is to get the forks reworked and buy an after-market shock that has ride height adjustment (Penske 8781 at least). I am sending a set of 1K gixxers to him. Great people. If you frequent the tracks in the east, Max or Mike at Traxion are good. They might be at the track to do tuning.

Ungwaha

Cool thanks Allen.  The money sitution is the reason I don't have a shock yet but i am saving for it ;D.

By the way how goes the land deal?

Later

Rich
Orlando,FL
Damn I'm slow

actiontek

We are still looking for the right piece of land. 150 acres of well located and conditioned land is not that easy to find in central Florida (that can be approved for our use). We have a few parcels that are being considered and conceptual plans are being developed. I hope to have a full investor package ready by August. I am tired of traveling hundreds of miles to race. We will be at Roebling the 14th thru the 16th. Hope to see you there.
I have been in southwest Florida for the last few weeks drooling over water direct land and sailboats so I haven't had a chance to post.  8)

Ungwaha

I was wondering where ya disappeared to... ;D
No I won't be able to make the June race but I will be there in July for sure.  The state bowling tourney takes president over races right now...ie I am a much beter bowler than racer ;D ;D.
Damn I'm slow

schpreck

There is no exact "numbers" for making your racebike handle.  It all depends on your style of riding, your weight, tires, suspension, track, track temps, conditions, etc.  Just eyeball it and tune the suspension during practice days, etc.  I've worked in the pit for some buddies this season (due to injury during SCCA season) and helped them out.  At the same track on the same day, Haskovic drops his front 4mm, while Haugo goes with 2mm.  They both turn the same lap time.  They have different riding styles.  It will take some trial and error.  On a GSXR-1000, just learn to hold on TIGHT with your butt cheeks and I think you'll be good to go.  Good luck!