News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

LW Classification?

Started by proechel539, March 24, 2010, 09:52:19 PM

proechel539

I was looking at how WERA has there LW Classification and then just scratched my head, thinking, wouldn't that be nice in CCS! Being the Buell money is gone, why not put them in Middleweight where they belong. I'm not sure, just a thought. Hell I may just be crazy!
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

George_Linhart

If you like the WERA class structure, go race WERA.  I personally like the CCS LW classes.  A fair amount of diversity in the class - different bikes, different riders.  Given your signature line, I understand your motivations, but, I will comment that if you just want to race a SV Cup - run ULWSB in CCS and you basically have that.  Anything else in the CCS structure and you are racing up a class, just as I would be if i wanted to run my 1970's technology air cooled 2 valve ducati twin in MW with the modern 16 valve liquid cooled inline 4 cylinder bikes.

George

Cowboy 6

Judging by the size of WERA LW grids, many have already taken your advice.

Maybe Darrell is trying to suggest something that could revive CCS LW?

Grid sizes don't lie.

C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

vnvbandit

WOW  Looking at the first 2 posts........................

It's the SV vs ducati or the ducati vs SV mentality, given the subject matter of the posts.

Where have I heard this before?   :banghead:

We all know the air cooled ducati should be in vintage   :biggrin:
Can't we all just get along?  :preachon:

Just kidding guys! Have fun!

~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

backMARKr

Good Lord! Season has started and this silly discussion is still going on..... :wtf:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

ScubaSteve

you can always build a SV to beat the other bikes....it's been done
Steve

CCS FL

skiandclimb

Quote from: backMARKr on March 25, 2010, 10:50:25 AM
Good Lord! Season has started and this silly discussion is still going on..... :wtf:

Mark, you are just waiting for me to jump in, aren't you?   :biggrin:
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

SV88

George's Duc. is way more than any sv I know.  But, he still has to ride it.  If you're not at full throttle during most of the lap, more HP will not help.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

tstruyk

Quote from: ScubaSteve on March 25, 2010, 12:24:46 PM
you can always build a SV to beat the other bikes....it's been done

yup!

And you still gotta ride the damn thing.  I'm with george, I dig the diversity... now the  748... eh not so much
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Cowboy 6

Quote from: tstruyk on March 25, 2010, 12:58:27 PMI'm with george, I dig the diversity... now the  748... eh not so much

I dig the diversity too. If you do what Darrell suggests, and actually read the WERA class structure, you will see.... oh yeah, ALL the same bikes. The difference is the prep level allowed. The restriction keeps things competitive which, is the fun in the diversity. And, you have one of the most popular bikes at the track entering 3 + events instead of only one as suggested at the top of this thread.
That means more money and growth for CCS.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

proechel539

Being I had a lower lumbar, disc-decompression surgery 4 weeks ago. I will be sitting on the sidelines for 2010 anyways. So I have a entire year to build the SV and in turn, the Buells have an entire year to blow themselves up! So all-in-all it may just work its self out. I will just keep my fingers crossed for 2011. Not wishing bad luck on anyone but we all know those Buells are like riding hand grenades. Can't even count how many times I got an oily face shield from them, or had to ride around their cloud of smoke. Good luck to all in 2010! :thumb:
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

ScubaSteve

Quote from: tstruyk on March 25, 2010, 12:58:27 PM
yup!

And you still gotta ride the damn thing.  I'm with george, I dig the diversity... now the  748... eh not so much

I agree! I always loved being on the underdog bike.  In the end it's the rider who matters the most
Steve

CCS FL