News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Rotella...

Started by skiandclimb, March 11, 2010, 03:34:51 PM

Super Dave

Quote from: Mike829 on March 19, 2010, 02:20:10 PM
What about the new rotella T6? i've seen some internet buzz over its new JASO MA rating which a wetclutch requirement???
New T6 should be for the newer diesel stuff to work with the new emissions...reduced zinc and boron as a replacement.  Don't have a perfect answer. 
Super Dave

Grasshopper

Quote from: Mike829 on March 18, 2010, 08:28:22 PM
I can back Skloss up on that, i bought his 750 and continued using the old blue bottle.  after 3 yrs of racing and CR and 5k miles between us it started missing the occasional shift so i had it opened up over the winter and it only had rounding on the dogs, everything else looked great.  i have had an engine failure on silkolene, i thought it was great i won free oil then a fresh engine spun a rod bearing in less than 500mi!  i have a 08 cbr which calls for 10-30 so i think i'll go with honda's own synth stuff unless someone has any good ideas????????????????????? anyone want to buy some silkolene?

Do you really think the trans failed because of the oil? I doubt it.
Nicholas

Mike829

Quote from: Grasshopper on August 28, 2010, 11:03:02 AM
Do you really think the trans failed because of the oil? I doubt it.

the rod bearings aren't in the trans.  could've been a clearance issue like cowboy said.  the trans had less than normal wear running on rottela considering the pounding over the years that skloss and then myself put on it.  oh, so to answer your question- no, i don't think the trans failed (it never did fail) because of oil.
Mike #829EX
Madison Sportbikes Racing