News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

NJMP Road Racing Series Practice Day

Started by MkIII, March 02, 2010, 03:43:06 PM

Linked Events

MkIII

Team Pro-Motion to conduct motorcycle race practice and licensing schools at New Jersey Motorsports Park

Millville, N.J. (March 1, 2010)-New Jersey Motorsports Park announces Team Pro-Motion Sportbike Club to organize and conduct race practice and the CCS race licensing school for the NJMP SportBike Championship Cup Series. Practice days and the licensing school will be conducted on the Friday prior to each race weekend, allowing seasoned racers to practice on the course they will be racing on during the weekend. In addition, riders who are new to racing will be able to attend the licensing school on Friday and begin their racing career the same weekend!

"Team Pro-Motion has been conducting successful track day events at NJMP since we opened our facility in 2008," said Joe Volpe, NJMP Director of Motorsports Activities. "Their commitment to the motorcycle community, our facility, and being an approved CCS licensing school, makes them a perfect fit with our program."

The CCS sanctioned series will run over four weekends throughout the 2010 season and alternate between the Thunderbolt and Lightning circuits as follows:

April 30 – May 2 (Thunderbolt Raceway)
June 25 – 27 (lightning Raceway)
July 23 – 25 (Thunderbolt Raceway)
September 10 – 12 (lightning Raceway)

For more information or to register for the New Jersey Road Race Series practice days or Team Pro-Motion's -CCS race licensing school visit www.teampromotion.com

To learn more about the Championship Cup Series, visit www.ccsracing.com

More information on New Jersey Motorsports Park, including Thunderbolt and Lightning Raceway, is available at www.njmp.com
NJMP media contact: Donald Fauerbach at 856-327-7201 or dfauerbach@njmp.com

Carnag3

Price are $175 if I'm not mistaken right...?
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

antirich

I saw this on the pre-entry form:

"Practice pre-entry is $125 for those events with an ASRA/CCS practice before the event.  "

I take it this doesn't hold for the NJMP events??

Also, the practice schedule is on the TPM Site, as follows:

LT/WT – GP BIKES EX/AM and school   Group 1
MW EX/AM      Group 2
MW EX/AM      Group 3
HW/UN EX/AM     Group 4

Shouldn't there be separate practice sessions for Expert and Amateur racers, like on the race day practices?

Garywc

CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

CCS

Since this practice is hosted by TPM, their fees apply. The only dates for ASRA/CCS Practices are the May 29 at Summit Point and the July 2 at Road America.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

antirich

Can anyone confirm that they're running both expert and amateur Middle practices together on the same session?

I missed last year's practice day, but I always though it runs the same groups as the CCS morning practices.