Daytona Reminder

Started by gixxerzoli, February 22, 2010, 11:47:56 PM

gixxerzoli

Guys! Just a little reminder for Daytona.
As you know the track is full with all kind of flying, standing, round and sharp motherf***ing stones.
All of them pointing to your RADIATORs. Want to punch a hole on them.
So before you go, spend some time and couple of bucks for protecting your radiators.
Even a regular window screen could work.
Good luck for everyone!

firefighter973

Apparently there's a bunch of potholes as well. Track coming right up from underneath the Nascar boys. race held up for hours. I'm sure there will be a repaving down there in the near future! Be safe all!

MELK-MAN

i don't think the track would be repaved.. it's part of the tradition, AND.. the track would be way to fast for even NASCAR if it were repaved from what i understand.
GOOD reminder for radiator protection though, don't need an expensive rad cover either. Just pick up a 5$ sheet of gutter cover screen. cut in half and safety wire in place through the fins.

Edit: i read somewhere that the track may be repaved in 2011??
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

oldbeginner

Good Idea , I never thought of that
06 SV 650
WERA N#145
CCS AM#145

DougG60

did the gutter screen on mine before the ROC. can tell you that during the warm up lap on the banking and back straight i got hit with a lot of crap coming off the track. not too much during the race
EX101 Ducati 848

daviid

Quote from: MELK-MAN on February 23, 2010, 10:54:59 AM

Edit: i read somewhere that the track may be repaved in 2011??

that is correct
David | 03 Suzuki SV650 | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484
RacerStuff.net / RTech Racing Fuels Fuels / Continental / Next Level Motorsports

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

ryan

ah, Daytona. Best time of my life, scariest too
CCS expert 810
'05 gsxr750
Thanks to my sponsors: FMFracing, MotorexUSA