Helmet requirement- Born on date?

Started by gapman789, February 19, 2010, 12:37:23 PM

gapman789

Do you guys, CCS, have a date limitation on the helmet?
I ask because WERA does, and I'm coming to Daytona so just making sure it's not a 3yr. rule.
My helmet is 12/06.

Didn't see it in the rulebook.

Thanks

gapman789

I've called headquarters and no answer.

I'm not seeing it in the rulebook, so I guess there is no build date limitation, as long as it is DOT, SNELL, etc, certifiied.

gapman789

Thanks for all the replies and good info....lol

Race125

Per the CCS 2010 rule book
5.1.1 Undamaged full-face helmet with face shield and bearing a stamp of
approval from one of the following international standards:
Snell M2005 and M2010 (USA)
BS. 6658 TYPE. A (GREAT - BRITAIN)
ECE 22 - 04 & ECE 22 - 05 "P" (EUROPE)
A. It is required that all riders put their competition number on the chin
bar or side of their helmets to aid in identification should the rider be
involved in a multi-bike incident.

http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2010/rules/2010%20asra-ccs%20rulebook%20print.pdf

catman

.....and an 05 snell will cost about $200, 2010 likely much more but will  be qualified for racing a longer time.

mikendzel

Cowboy 6

OK Mike.. What does all that jibberish mean? Are you a thirteen year old girl or something?   :ass:
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

gapman789

Hey mikendzel, according to my original post and question, I did read the rulebook before asking the question.

I was just double checking.  Did that give you a reason to be a dick or is that just how you are?

I'm all for shits and giggles on the forums, but it was a serious question and I needed a quick answer.

It seemed strange that there wasn't a helmet requirement. I'd hate to think that you could be out there with a 20yr. old helmet....

Thanks again mikendzel for the helpful info, that's what true racers and sportsman are like - helping one another.....
P.S., yeah, I'm being sarcastic as hell....

proechel539

Quote from: beer on February 28, 2010, 01:54:24 AM
Read the fucking rule book!!!!!!!!!

Now that was not very nice to say! LOL
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

Jason748

Quote from: proechel539 on March 02, 2010, 03:59:43 PM
Now that was not very nice to say! LOL

:lmao: ... from what I heard that Beer guy is not a very nice guy!   :biggrin:
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

mikendzel

Quote from: gapman789 on March 01, 2010, 08:03:16 AM
Hey mikendzel, according to my original post and question, I did read the rulebook before asking the question.

I was just double checking.  Did that give you a reason to be a dick or is that just how you are?

I'm all for shits and giggles on the forums, but it was a serious question and I needed a quick answer.

It seemed strange that there wasn't a helmet requirement. I'd hate to think that you could be out there with a 20yr. old helmet....

Thanks again mikendzel for the helpful info, that's what true racers and sportsman are like - helping one another.....
P.S., yeah, I'm being sarcastic as hell....

Gapman, I was just joking.  Your question had been answered in the previous post.  No harm intended man, I was just joking about the WERA bbs being like that, since you race WERA, and you are on there a lot.