News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Seamstress at Daytona??

Started by Alex Shaw, February 14, 2010, 12:31:24 PM

Alex Shaw

Does anyone know if there will be a seamstress available at Daytona for sewing on patches?
CCS EX #568
AMA Pro Supersport #568
ASRA Team Challenge #1
Chester Auto Repair

Super Dave

Quote from: Alex Shaw on February 14, 2010, 12:31:24 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a seamstress available at Daytona for sewing on patches?
Some times, the Vanson people make it down as long as their van doesn't break down.  Not sure if they are coming this year.  Probably worth a call to them in Mass.
Super Dave

YSR Dave

If all else fails, there are a hundred vendors outside of the track sewing on patches for the Harley guys

tug296

The first Moto ST race they required a patch be sewn on, lady set up there in a trophy storage room or something, no time to do anything else and payed what I thought was an outrageous amount, can't remember exactly but like $15 for a 1.5 x 4 inch patch on the front shoulder. Felt like a set up for everybody.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Alex Shaw

I went to the same lady for the Moto-St patches that we needed to have in 2008 and I agree, I thought the price was a little outrageous, but like you said, I was out of time. I never thought about all the vendors outside the track though that could probably do it. Good call ! Thanks for the advice!
CCS EX #568
AMA Pro Supersport #568
ASRA Team Challenge #1
Chester Auto Repair

tstruyk

I think the going rate is around $5 per patch... of course thats at THEIR shop. 

take into consideration travel, setup of equipment, I am sure daytona charges a "vendors fee" and triple the going cost seems fair... what are the alternatives if you arent prepared?

Ask farm boy about "renting gloves" last minute (think 4 board last minute) at HPT!   :biggrin:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"