olympics

Started by Ducmarc, February 12, 2010, 08:29:33 PM

Ducmarc

man that was a bad crash  today, they need to run out and buy some air fence

vnvbandit

That IS SO DUMB! Having a whole row of pillars wiwthin 2 feet of the track! Just a real shame!
RIP
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

Woofentino Pugrossi

Wow. Whoever designed and signed off on this track should be tossed down it.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

What did I miss?  Sounds like it was pretty dumb and someone died as a result?
Super Dave

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Super Dave on February 13, 2010, 05:45:05 AM
What did I miss?  Sounds like it was pretty dumb and someone died as a result?

Yep. A guy in luge lost control of his sled, got flipped up over the edge of the track and slammed into a post at around 80-90mph. Post was right at the edge of the track. 21yrs old. Theres video of it floating around.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Noidly1

Sometimes Air fence can make matters worse.

I say, make the whole thing a tube and let ém rip...
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

NOBODY

I saw a video of it on the news, I couldn't believe they showed it on the local news.  Today they showed his family, its a real tragedy.  I guess from the story they told, he was supporting the family.  Now who knows what they are gonna do.  You would think that somebody had to of said that's too close to the track.  Those helmets they wear are a joke too.

Expat2b

This was a front page story (with photo just before he hit) in the Wash Post Saturday. So sad. Post says he went head first into a metal pole. On the video, you can see what looks like a piece of helmet fly across the screen when he hits. The poles were so close to the track, air fence would not have even fit.  Other racers complained about the track, the worst turn was not even the one where the accident occurred. Olympic announcer on TV today said they have changed the track configuration and removed that turn. The kid was only 21. RIP
Race fan
MARRC Cornerworker, Photographer, Newsletter editor, PR/Communications, Facebook Admin, Membership DBA, and most important: race weekend breakfast chef!
www.skinandleather.com

Ducmarc

looks like some kind of track we would ride on there's still poles everywhere. how about our  skater cutting his leg? blood squirted out all over the ice 60 stitches i think they said.  i'm not an olyimpic nut but the luge and the race skating fun to watch. beats watching nascar 

tug296

I heard they moved the start further down the hill, just past that turn where he lost his life and wrapped other steel poles and concrete with padding, that's an awful thing.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider