News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Keep SHARP in the off season!!

Started by MELK-MAN, February 09, 2010, 11:42:16 AM

MELK-MAN

Hey Bill, i don't care much for Ocala ntl. forest. WAY to big and as you found, sand woops for miles. The good trails are hard to find there and the place is SO big it is easy to get lost. My first time there by the time our buddy figured out how to use the GPS we discovered we were TWENTY miles from the trucks. All but 1 ran out of gas. Totally sucked. Another time my buddy Eric Grey ran head on into another rider as some of the cool trails have tall brush on both sides.. can't see shit.
I like Croom (about 30 miles south of Ocala). Only 2,600 acres so ya can't get TOO lost. ANd there are some good trails if ya know where to go. At the south end by the entrance (where most park), most trails are wooped for a bit.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

NOBODY

Greg, that looks fun as hell.  I R jealous.  I love doin' the mountain bike thing on singles trails, but that looks like you could run those all day and not get bored.

MELK-MAN

Quote from: NOBODY on February 10, 2010, 10:02:21 PM
Greg, that looks fun as hell.  I R jealous.  I love doin' the mountain bike thing on singles trails, but that looks like you could run those all day and not get bored.

Even though it isn't a huge park, the trails cross over everywhere. I love riding here. Just started riding some single track stuff lately but not as crazy about it.. Too tight and ya can't get "rythem" like the faster sweeping trails.

Gixxerblade

Ya know we have a pretty big MX park here in NC. It's only 1800 acres but it is loads of fun. About an hour door to door.
http://www.buscobeach.com/
It's a riot on my TTR-125, even funner on an ATV.

MELK-MAN

1800 acres is nice, Croom where i go is only 2,600 acres..