Daytona SV Gearing

Started by daviid, February 02, 2010, 02:47:51 PM

daviid

Any recommendations on gearing for a SS & SB built SV at daytona?
David | 03 Suzuki SV650 | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484
RacerStuff.net / RTech Racing Fuels Fuels / Continental / Next Level Motorsports

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

apriliaman

my sv is a 1999 and use a 15-43-44 depends on the wind.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

daviid

David | 03 Suzuki SV650 | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484
RacerStuff.net / RTech Racing Fuels Fuels / Continental / Next Level Motorsports

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

benprobst

A fast SV with a good rider will end up near 17/42-44.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

apriliaman

when you got 70-75 hp like mine15-43-44 is a good gearing.When you got like 90 well it will be different gearing then.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

benprobst

Quote from: apriliaman on February 03, 2010, 12:08:38 PM
when you got 70-75 hp like mine15-43-44 is a good gearing.When you got like 90 well it will be different gearing then.

For sure, I was just replying to the part about a SB.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

PlayHard

My 2005 SV motor was totally stock and I ran a 16 / 43 last October.  Put me at 10,000 rpms at the braking zone for turn one.  Worked good in the draft too, which you must account for or you'll be bouncing off the rev limiter for sure.  worked for me, I managed to win a race.   
CCS / WERA EX #95