WTB SV650 for Son to learn on

Started by duckracer996, February 02, 2010, 09:59:17 AM

duckracer996

All,
  I am in search of an SV650 for my 16 year old son. He has tried a track day on a 125 and wants to try racing so we are in search of an SV 650. We were looking for something in the price range of $2,000 if that is possible (not wanting to spend a fortune since he may not like racing) . Also something close to St. Louis MO. So if you know of a good used SV for sale p.m. me here. Thanks.

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

tstruyk

Quote from: duckracer996 on February 02, 2010, 09:59:17 AM
All,
  I am in search of an SV650 for my 16 year old son. He has tried a track day on a 125 and wants to try racing so we are in search of an SV 650. We were looking for something in the price range of $2,000 if that is possible (not wanting to spend a fortune since he may not like racing) . Also something close to St. Louis MO. So if you know of a good used SV for sale p.m. me here. Thanks.

I think Ben Probst has a stock one... actually I think he has about 6-7 at his shop right now but I seem to recall as of a few weeks ago he had at least one that he was going to unload...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

duckracer996

I didn't even think to ask Ben...I will contact him, Thanks

erock768

For what its worth, as far as learning how to race, and actually to learn how to ride a race bike fast around a race track, you can't beat a 125. I'm fairly certain that you'll able so source a mid 1990's TZ 125 or RS 125 for around $3000 +/- . But, thats just my .02  Good luck to you and your son either way!
Eric Moore Racing LLC
CCS / USGPRU  Ex # 768
diesel killer

mwsportsimaging

Check with Greg Williams at cafe racer in Kansas city.