News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Ultralight new rule

Started by apriliaman, January 20, 2010, 10:39:54 AM

apriliaman

What bikes would this be as i dont know yet. This is a new rule for this year added.

twin cylinder liquid,non desmodromic valves pre 1999 up to 800cc
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Eric Kelcher

Allows Honda Hawk GT, restricts Ducati 748
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Cowboy 6

I thought the Hawk GT was a 650 ????
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

roadracer162

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on January 20, 2010, 04:59:06 PM
I thought the Hawk GT was a 650 ????

Hence allowing the Hawk being bored to 800 if you dare.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

apriliaman

Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

proechel539

Does that mean 99 and earlier, anotherwords you could have an 800cc,1999 SV? Am I reading that rite or am I confused?
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

Cowboy 6

C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

skiandclimb

#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

roadracer162

Quote from: skiandclimb on January 23, 2010, 04:00:32 PM
Figures.

Well the Ducati 748 is overkill for the Ultralight class. I also think that of the Ducati 800 and SV although maybe not total overkill. I believe that the Ducati 800 and the SV would have been better suited to the Lightweight classes and even the Ducati 900 in Lightweight.

I think CCS did do the decent thing and not iclude the 748 in the lightweight classes although I think the lightweight classes have already been "stunk-up" by the 1000+ motors. I know it's a dead horse and nothing will change that now but I feel better saying it.

I will continue to run my Ducati 800 in Ultralight and maybe learn how to ride Daytona one of these days.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

benprobst

Figures.

Dude, you kill me. Its a SEVEN HUNDRED FIFTY CC liquid cooled desmo actuated race specific middleweight!! Do you really think it belongs in ULTRA lightweight?
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

roadracer162

No he doesn't, he is just poking.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

benprobst

Quote from: skidMARK on January 24, 2010, 11:41:16 AM
No he doesn't, he is just poking.

Its porking, not poking. He's a cop.  :biggrin:
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

123user

Quote from: benprobst on January 24, 2010, 09:01:33 PM

Its porking, not poking. He's a cop.  :biggrin:

Why would a cop even bother reading a rulebook, the ones I've had the displeasure of meeting just made it up as they went  along.  :biggrin:

skiandclimb

Figures.

First of all, given the continued posts made about these classes and these bikes, the above text is what you might call...wait for it- a joke.
You know, making light of a situation in which so much time, energy, conversation and typing were concerned.

Seeing as how my reply (made in jest) was seen as true distain or displeasure on my part, allow me to clarify......I don't own a 748.  I do not race a 748.  I do not race in ULW, nor do I plan to. Nor do I feel, honestly, that a 748 belongs in ULW.  Again, it's a joke, a funny, a ha-ha, a play on words, a kidding, a jest, etc etc et al.

Next on the agenda- getting a litre class bike into LW.  Stay tuned.
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

SV88

Heard a nasty rumour that the 1125 is going to be allowed into the UL class as a sign of respect for the demise of Buell.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

roadracer162

Quote from: skiandclimb on January 25, 2010, 02:51:56 PM
First of all, given the continued posts made about these classes and these bikes, the above text is what you might call...wait for it- a joke.
You know, making light of a situation in which so much time, energy, conversation and typing were concerned.

Seeing as how my reply (made in jest) was seen as true distain or displeasure on my part, allow me to clarify......I don't own a 748.  I do not race a 748.  I do not race in ULW, nor do I plan to. Nor do I feel, honestly, that a 748 belongs in ULW.  Again, it's a joke, a funny, a ha-ha, a play on words, a kidding, a jest, etc etc et al.

Next on the agenda- getting a litre class bike into LW.  Stay tuned.

Hehehe...u funny guy.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

benprobst

Quote from: SV88 on January 25, 2010, 04:01:45 PM
Heard a nasty rumour that the 1125 is going to be allowed into the UL class as a sign of respect for the demise of Buell.

Doesnt matter it will just blow up.
Home of the GSXR 565

funsizeracing

Ski- Didn't you know it's an organized conspiracy against duc owners?  :kicknuts:
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

skiandclimb

Quote from: funsizeracing on March 11, 2010, 03:22:03 PM
Ski- Didn't you know it's an organized conspiracy against duc owners?  :kicknuts:

Preachin' to the choir, Becka!
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

gpz11

Quote from: SV88 on January 25, 2010, 04:01:45 PM

Sweet, then based on that, my RC51 will fit into UL and it won't blow up.