News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CBR issues

Started by racenrub, December 24, 2009, 05:25:17 PM

Andrei

Also , make sure TOS is positioned vertically. I.e not tilted in any direction. 
787ex

twilkinson3

Pull the junk battery out and check it's resting voltage first thing, I doubt it's that given the fuel pump doesn't prime but lez check the silly stuff first hehe

Next thing to check is the interlocks (as suggested above) the tip over switch is normally located in the nose cone in nestled between the headlights (Bank Angle Sensor if you have the factory manual) and the bike will crank but not start if memory serves (as the fuel pump is disabled)  BAS is a half round and square black plastic sensor - find it, and if you don't have the upper fairing on the bike this is the most likely culprit (if you have the upper take the headlights out and in the top middle is the BAS which can be remounted to the fairing stay if you drill and tap 2 holes on the fangs that look like HOnda intended them for that use on the front of the fairing stay.

If that's not it I would point you at the engine kill switch next - get out the multi meter and check out the switch.

Kickstand interlock will only kill the bike in gear not neutral and there isn't a clutch interlock on a 03-06 cbr so as long as you are trying to start the bike in neutral it shouldn't be that

My bet is on a missing BAS tho

twilkinson3

One other thought as I jsut caught hte rest of the post (lol) 600rr.net has a thread somewhere (I can't find it atm) on bypassing the BAS

Knightslugger

connect the two outside wires.

but leave it on there.

racenrub

i've got a new sensor coming early next week so we'll see if that gets me fired up.
There's always worse things then dying

racenrub

Ok that did it. Bike fired right up with the sensor connected, thanks for everyones help. :thumb:
There's always worse things then dying

Jason748

CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com