News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

2010 ULTRA LIGHT SUPERBIKE CLASS

Started by redlinepilot, December 17, 2009, 11:56:51 PM

redlinepilot

I was looking for the reason why this class was revised. I guess somebody must have entered a 40K Ducati 800DS or something to disrupt what may possibly have been the new home for SV's. I don't race this class so maybe someone can share some insight.
Steve Guanche
Ex # 15 FL

roadracer162

Catering to the largest grouping of the SV? The 1000 is the DS and the 800 is a SS. DS the designation I believe for dual spark, the 800 does not. I guess they wanted to fix the Ultralight class. I think they made a mistake with allwoing the SV or the 800SS for that matter. I believe they should have left it alone and allowed the GS500 to have it's day. My FZR400 ran pretty good there too.

The lightweight should have been up to the 900+ mark and not the 1000+ bikes. That way you could see the Buell XB9 and Ducati 900 do their thing along with the SV. Where would the Ducati 1000 play? What about a Welterweight class.

I don't have any insight but just speculation. Now we will have that $50K SV.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

123user

Crap! Here we go again!!

I'll summarize the subject:  Highly exagerated hp claims for the 1000ds and XB-12R prompted whiney SV'ers to complained their way down to the slowest CCS racing class... thereby displacing two generations worth of antiquated machinery.

Are the Ducati and Buell really superior?  With the right rider and the right chassis re-tune they certainly can be, but for the average talent rider I still think the SV is a better racing package. 

mattg

too bad there isn't enough interest in making a vintage lightweight class for those displaced machines..

are teh 125's still competitive somewhere?  what about an fzr400?  it's sad to think about.

spinblue

Along with my poor little Hawk GT. :)

roadracer162

Quote from: mattg on December 18, 2009, 11:55:49 AM
too bad there isn't enough interest in making a vintage lightweight class for those displaced machines..

are teh 125's still competitive somewhere?  what about an fzr400?  it's sad to think about.

Hopefully there will be. Working on an idea with Mike Perry for an updated vintage class. 3 events per year, up front committments by eligible riders and a "William's Cup" at the end. Premier class, meduium weight and lightweight classes. The pre 1990 125 will be lightweight and the FZR400 in lightweight.

More to come...

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

apriliaman

i still got my fzr 400,i have tags and ride it on the street now.I got upto 61 mpg riding at the blue ridge parkway taken it easy. If there would be a class for the old bikes it would be fun.Doesnt matter how hard i push my fzr it is still an avg 6 sec a lap on most tracks slower then my SV.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Ducmarc

hey you spilled the beans on my secret weapon  he he he he

roadracer162

Ooops. The FZR400 is medium weight. it will be fun to run with the FZR400 but I will probably go for the premier class and try for that inaugural "William's Cup".

Mark-I must say that I am much closer in time onboard the FZR as compared to the Duc 800. At Jennings the FZR and me have a best lap of 1:26.6 and the Duc at 1:24.0. At Moroso the FZR does a 1:34+/- and the Duc a 1:26.2-I know the track a lot better now while on the Duc. At Homestead my best aboard the FZR is 1:43 and the Duc is a 1:37.0.

Oh by the way Mark-bring the FZR to Jennings 'cause it will probably be the first vintage race(fingers crossed)

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Ducmarc

have to work in palm beach tomorrow hope to get it done in one day and go back that evening. if i have to stay over i'll give you a  call

roadracer162

Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

apriliaman

i could bring it but i dont have room in my 8ft bed for 3 bikes unless somone wants to bring it for me.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006