News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Practice May 9 at Las Vegas

Started by team-excalibur, April 08, 2003, 11:11:41 AM

team-excalibur

I checked the schedule and looks like we are going to have practice and some races May 9th, but I heard that someone else has rented the track for the day so CCS wont get the track.
Anyone know anything?
Thanks,
Frank

Litespeed

From Kevin Elliot on the USGPRU board:

Camping is still a no go at LVMS, and the Friday was taken by Freddie Spencer's
School so we are looking at a Twin Sprint with GP Singles on Saturday, and
USGPRU on Sunday (replacing GP Singles on Sunday's program).

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteFrom Kevin Elliot on the USGPRU board:

Camping is still a no go at LVMS, and the Friday was taken by Freddie Spencer's
School so we are looking at a Twin Sprint with GP Singles on Saturday, and
USGPRU on Sunday (replacing GP Singles on Sunday's program).

Does this mean that the GTU that I paid for is a no-go as well??

With no races on Friday, I won't have to be there 'til Saturday correct??

dryheat

I'm confused (which isn't a surprise), but when Kevin says LVMS, he means the Classic Course (outside the oval), as the daily schedule says. Yes? Or are we racing on the LVMS course (inside the oval)? Normally Freddie Spencer does all his classes on LVMS, not LVCC.So, does that mean Freddie has rented LVCC as well?

team-excalibur

Just called Freddie Spencer's school and they confirmed that they are using the LVCC (outside the oval)
I asked her twice just to make sure, then she checked with someone and confirmed.
It would be nice not to be notified or have an up to date schedule from CCS, than have to research this stuff on my own.
How many people would have taken time off work and showed up for practice just to spend the day at the Belagio?

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteHow many people would have taken time off work and showed up for practice just to spend the day at the Belagio?

As much as I like the Belagio, this changes my plans dramatically.

I still need this info confirmed.

team-excalibur

I called the school at (888) 672-7219
Definatly no practice for CCS on May 9th as they have the LVCC (outside the oval) track.

team-excalibur

dryheat

This changes my plans as well...

I'm going to get on my soapbox for a moment:

What is it with CCS? Why is communication so lacking? Why is up to the racers to find the information and trying to find that information is like pulling teeth?

They don't have daily schedule information for this weekend for Firebird for the 'make-up' races from March. We still don't have firm Las Vegas dates for Aug (website says Aug 30-31, daily schedule from Mar. race says Aug 1-3). Now the May dates (9-11) are reschduled for 10-11 with essentially no practice time because of Friday races moving to the weekend double sprints (Unless they're cancelling the double sprints). When were they going to tell us? And we're paying money for this? >:(

Am I so wrong? ??? All I'm asking for is some communication. Among other things...I have a job that I have to plan time off, travel time to consider, etc.

Thanks for listening.

MZGirl

Patrick,

Here's the new schedule that has the make-up March races on Sat. this weekend:

http://www.formulausa.com/factsheets03/Firebire%20April%20SCHEDULE.pdf

But that's all that I can help you with.   :)

dryheat