New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

I need advice

Started by skiandclimb, December 07, 2009, 11:04:37 PM

DEVINC

All of that and only a "scratch" on your helmet?  :biggrin:

Cowboy 6

C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

bwebb43

Hey Really  F-n     :finger:        funny guys this is my bike . It happened at Homestead (07)  off turn 10 at 140 didn't feel to good .I did not get hurt thank god .  But it is all back together and better then ever and faster .
Life , Taking one corner at a time .

spyderchick

Glad to hear you were okay. And yeah, crashing sucks no matter what.

skiandclimb was using your crashed and trashed bike as an example to what can happen when you take safety equipment a little too lightly:

http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php/topic,23993.0.html

I'm sure you can attest to the fact that properly maintained gear can prevent some serious injuries.

Keep it shiny side up and running fast!

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Knightslugger

Quote from: spyderchick on December 08, 2009, 07:03:54 PM
skiandclimb was using your crashed and trashed bike as an example to what can happen when you take safety equipment a little too lightly:

no. "live to ride - ride to die" is an example of what can happen when you take safety equipment a little too lightly, m'dear.

bwebb43

Yes I had some good gear on I wear Alpinestars MX 1 suit ,  Gp gloves , MX boots , chest and back protector . Don't  forget the most important of them all the Helmet I wear Shoei RF 1000 soon to be RF 1100 , I replace my helmet each year that I have raced 5 of them so far working on 6 . The gear that I had on did it's job in that crash that I had . I was very impressed with it . I had to replace the suit , gloves , boots and helmet . The bike  is a whole  story in it self .
Life , Taking one corner at a time .

spyderchick

Quote from: Knightslugger on December 08, 2009, 07:31:28 PM
no. "live to ride - ride to die" is an example of what can happen when you take safety equipment a little too lightly, m'dear.

And as my good friend K3 would say: If you aren't prepared to have your equipment leave the track in the dumpster than you shouldn't be racing.

I believe there was a really cool picture at one point with a fork lift dumping a not so perfectly good racebike in the trash. C'est la vie!  :ahhh:  :biggrin:
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

spyderchick

Quote from: bwebb43 on December 08, 2009, 07:39:42 PM
Yes I had some good gear on I wear Alpinestars MX 1 suit ,  Gp gloves , MX boots , chest and back protector . Don't  forget the most important of them all the Helmet I wear Shoei RF 1000 soon to be RF 1100 , I replace my helmet each year that I have raced 5 of them so far working on 6 . The gear that I had on did it's job in that crash that I had . I was very impressed with it . I had to replace the suit , gloves , boots and helmet . The bike  is a whole  story in it self .

Glad you were wearing both the BP and the chest protector. :thumb: I began pushing for more riders to wear them when a bunch of guys all in a row went to the hospital with broken ribs AND punctured lungs. 

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

eboos

Quote from: spyderchick on December 09, 2009, 08:34:34 AM
Glad you were wearing both the BP and the chest protector. :thumb: I began pushing for more riders to wear them when a bunch of guys all in a row went to the hospital with broken ribs AND punctured lungs. 

I started wearing a chest protector in 2008. It felt weird at first, but now I can not put my suit on without it.
LRRS #205 Novice
2000 Buell M2
2010 Sponsors: Precision HD/Buell, Precision Triumph, Boston Moto, Superbike Toy Store, Pilot, Braking, RK Chains

DEVINC

eboos...

What kind of protector do you have? I have been looking to get one. I want really great back and chest protection. I have the Teknic backprotector now.

eboos

I've been using A* Bionic back and chest protectors. The chest protector is the slip in one with no hard outer shell.

I've had my eye on these though http://impactarmor.homestead.com/protectors.html
LRRS #205 Novice
2000 Buell M2
2010 Sponsors: Precision HD/Buell, Precision Triumph, Boston Moto, Superbike Toy Store, Pilot, Braking, RK Chains

DEVINC

Have you fallen on it yet? I'll have to check it out.

Thanks.