CCS/ASRA cuts payouts again this year

Started by ahastings, December 03, 2009, 03:54:32 PM

yetidave

Emails, phone calls, more phone calls, etc. No money as of yet. If this is the way the national champ is treated, I can't imagine how bad it is for everyone else.

d-wire

It's not suprising to me that money is being cut....... But we have to find a way to keep guys involved in this sport for more than 3 yrs.  I know you can't make money for people and the money in club racing comes from the racers.......but we have seen what racers will do and the lengths they will go to, to get to the track and race if there is just the smallest hope of breaking even.  The reality is that a ton of guys have run themselves into credit card debt chasing friggin tire contingency and the odd $200....imagine if we had a proper purse to go after. LOL.

With things the way they are in AMA pro there are a lot of fast guys sitting around.  If there was a decent purse to go after, I'm guessing they would come and put on a hell of a show while they're at it.  Just my $.02

HD puts on a hell of a show with the "shootout" down here in FL.....I say hell of a show compared to any other club stuff I've seen.  I've seen it draw....Cardenas, Barney, Hayes, Chuck Graves, Rich Oliver, Robertino Pietri, Stokes, Mike Smith, and many more.  Maybe CCS could do something similar in the other regions and have a couple sponsors chip in some money....get that purse up to a decent amount and all of sudden guys like Geoff May....will probably start looking at their practice bike and showing up, especially on a SUZ or KAW weekend.  All of a sudden you have a show that brings in spectators.
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: yetidave on December 09, 2009, 09:55:04 AM
Emails, phone calls, more phone calls, etc. No money as of yet. If this is the way the national champ is treated, I can't imagine how bad it is for everyone else.

Dave,

I don't have any open status requests at the moment for any of the ASRA champions.  I have a few 2-3 that people have called without details that I left messages for awaiting dates classes to research those concerns.

If there is anyone that thinks they may be missing contingency awards please email the following
form
http://ccsracing.us/forms/2009/contingency/contingency%20status%20form.pdf

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

yetidave

Seriously, Eric? Paul has been chasing his money since the season ended. I'll let him know that he needs to start from square one again.