News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Pirelli Diablo 600 Challenge - The Skinny

Started by TrophyGal, December 03, 2009, 11:45:40 AM

roadracer162

Sounds like a great idea. I for one am thankful that Pirelli is stepping up with a class structure such as this. It's ironic that as racers we complain about lack of payout or how screwed up the rules may be, but when someone comes up with an idea there are many that bash it. DMG seems to be faultering-Kudos to CCS for doing what they are doing.

For me I don't race on Pirelli. I have alsways raced on Bridgestone becuse it made the most sense for me. In 2009 Michelin stepped up their program and got me to use their brand. 2010 may be the year that I am on Pirelli even if it is just to run this class. It seems that this class may give me a chance with the Ducati 748. This class seems much like the Unlimited GP shootout except it is for the 600 or equivalent bike.

I like.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Ducmarc

Eye-p

Yup- this has potential to be a really good show.
I also think it would be wise to allow Am's in to the show, provided they have the speed.
Jason Levitt
Full Spectrum Power
www.speed-cell.com

roadracer162

I say if you are an Am and want into the show and are fast enough, then request to become an Ex and get out there and race.

And yes Marc, more HP will be needed unless mid-pack is good enough for our program.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Eye-p

Quote from: skidMARK on December 12, 2009, 12:24:54 PM
I say if you are an Am and want into the show and are fast enough, then request to become an Ex and get out there and race.

That's a good idea.
Jason Levitt
Full Spectrum Power
www.speed-cell.com

LMsports

This is a great place to view thoughts on the CCS side. I started a thread at diabloracer.com to get direct feedback and answers from the Pirelli distribution network. http://www.diabloracer.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=169
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

gonecrazy

I didnt read all of the post and probably wont be racing next year since i wont be healed from my injuries I substained at the michelin challenge race at barber in oct, but i think its a great idea what they are trying to do with this series as long as you can collect the tire contigency to from pirelli. I bitched about the contigency last year when riders just were not showing up to grid if it was raining or sprinkiling. we lost alot of $$ because of it. so having a dollar paying race is great as long as riders grid.

ekraft84

It's a good and innovative idea.  Give them some credit.  If it works, great.  If not, then I'm sure it'll change as needed.
Eddie Kraft - #48
Witchkraft Racing
Honda East Racing - Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Aprilia