News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

NO MOTO-GT in 2010

Started by Garywc, November 29, 2009, 06:48:22 PM

Super Dave

The purse reduction really points to a core issue.  The economy is bad.  The race tracks actually put up the money for the purse, so there are appearances that AMA Pro Racing is reducing it's track fee to keep the tracks involved...along with the possibility of a two day event. 
Super Dave

Andi

I liked the Moto-St a lot better than the Gt format. Sure the 600's were a nice addition but it was kinda cool seeing all of the not so common bikes doing real endurance races. The St series wasn't anything more than a TC with an 8 hour year end event.

JBraun

Quote from: JBraun on December 03, 2009, 01:01:43 PM
Purses, yeah they're pretty pointless. Factories spend tens of thousands per weekend, it's irrelevant.
Holy shit, allow me to retract. I just saw the purse breakdown for Superbike. No money after third??? Say goodbye to the Superbike privateer...
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Super Dave

Quote from: JBraun on December 04, 2009, 06:25:32 PMSay goodbye to the Superbike privateer...
They've been gone for a long, long time.  You have to go back to around 1980 for decent purses. 
Super Dave

JBraun

I don't have the data, but I feel like there was still a few grand pretty deep into the Superbike field a few years ago. Not saying the small guys were making anything, but they at least had an opporitunity to get back a little of what they spent. I may be mistaken.
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Super Dave

Quote from: JBraun on December 04, 2009, 06:59:00 PM
I don't have the data, but I feel like there was still a few grand pretty deep into the Superbike field a few years ago. Not saying the small guys were making anything, but they at least had an opporitunity to get back a little of what they spent. I may be mistaken.
No, you are correct.  It was a whole lot deeper, but it should have been better...kind of subjective, yes.

Will AMA Pro Racing place the burden of a lost purse because of the need to have reduced AMA sanction fees (my assumption) upon the manufacturers requirement to have contingency?  Will that replace that depth of the purse?

It is at least possible to build a proper superbike under the current American Superbike rules.

Next issue:  how will that impact manufacturers' contingency at the club level?
Super Dave