Do you own an AMB Transponder?

Yes
8 (21.6%)
No
29 (78.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: December 08, 2009, 01:20:26 PM

CCS

We would appreciate the help with some data collection for our timing and scoring department.

Thank you for your support of CCS Racing!
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

Super Dave

I've needed one for CRA, AHRMA, and WERA.  There are used ones out there too.  Just a thought, Kevin.
Super Dave

Gixxerblade

I don't own one but if the question is would I buy one? hell yes!

Garywc

how much do they cost  to buy one new?
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

Super Dave

Quote from: Garywc on November 23, 2009, 07:23:20 PM
how much do they cost  to buy one new?
I wanna say around $350?  They can be bought used for a little less.  They do hold their value well and seem to crash pretty well yet.

Rentals are usually around $50, so, it doesn't take long for one to find a good reason to own one if the racing body uses them.  I wanna say that CCS paid around $300 each for their transmitters for the dbcom set up they use.

Then there's mylaps.com.  Usually, the organization posts up times on that site.  Not sure if there is a cost on that or what exactly.  Probably is, but it's nice.  We've been to Brainerd on a Saturday racing, and then looked at our times and those of competitors that night.  All depends upon them being uploaded.  You can get results that way.  Not perfect, but it's usually a pretty good indicator.
Super Dave

Eric Kelcher

Per Mylaps/AMB website $430 rechargable, $380 direct wired used has a $50 transfer fee
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Eric Kelcher

FYI CCS uses Westhold not DbCom, did have DbCom system about 10 years ago tho
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

dylanfan53

Quote from: Super Dave on November 23, 2009, 03:16:13 PM
There are used ones out there too.  Just a thought, Kevin.
Sooo...maybe I could buy one from someone faster than me...and then maybe I'd be faster...Just a thought, Dave...
Don Cook
CCS #53

DakotaCBR

CCS isn't going to start making us buy/rent our own transponders, are they?
Jon Hatcher - CCS FL #308

proechel539

No, I do not owne one, nor would I like to buy one. Yeah there may be used ones available, until CCS Racers have to buy one and the used market will be gone. $450.00 for a transponder? I think I could find a lot of other stuff to spend 450 dollars on.
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

vnvbandit

~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

Gixxerblade

Quote from: proechel539 on November 29, 2009, 07:14:23 PM
No, I do not owne one, nor would I like to buy one. Yeah there may be used ones available, until CCS Racers have to buy one and the used market will be gone. $450.00 for a transponder? I think I could find a lot of other stuff to spend 450 dollars on.
$450 isn't that much if you compare it a set of tires. Oh yeah, Darrell only needs one set of tires a season. :)

TrophyGal

Deadline's approaching for the cut-off of this Poll, so I hope everybody has voted.

crossroads425

Jason748

After using the CCS system and then running some CRA stuff this past year - I bought a AMB.  Got one used for $250.
I believe CRA charges $50 to rent one for a weekend + $5.00 for the mount.
Personally I like having my own transponder, as long as I remember to charge it.  Down side is I really don't like the mylaps.com format especially compared to what Russell has done - his is way more user friendly.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

mattbnj

No i do not own a transponder

gixxer188

Why doesn't someone looking into an RFID system such as the Zoomius Managment System?  I understand that there can be a rather large upfront cost to the system but in the end a $0.40 sticker is much cheaper to replace in the event of a crash and you don't have to turn it in at the end of each race weekend.

http://zoomius.com/ti/zoomius/
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion