Triples in Thunderbike?

Started by antirich, November 22, 2009, 04:40:02 PM

antirich

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but any chance of tripples being allowed in Thunderbike for 2010? We're already allowed in by some 'other' race orgs, but not CCS.

Pretty please?  ::)

roadracer162

I think they are. Then again is the Triumph 900(?) a triple?
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Super Dave

Quote from: skidMARK on November 22, 2009, 04:43:08 PM
I think they are. Then again is the Triumph 900(?) a triple?
Yes it is.  Kawasaki triples are allowed too along with the old yamaha triple street bikes.  I think the rules are pretty explicit.

As for 2010, I can't recognize why a Triumph 675 should be in Thunderbike.  It is a competitive motorcycle properly classified  WSS and Daytona Sportbike.  It is certainly a current middle weight.
Super Dave

antirich

In WERA they're allowed in HeavyWeight Twins, just thought CCS may have an equivalent class, such as Thunderbike.

I'm assuming the 675 is allowed in F-40, correct? Didn't see any rule that said it wasn't, just want to be sure.

Just trying to see what I can run besides the typical Middle/Heavyweight classes.

benprobst

Quote from: antirich on November 23, 2009, 06:37:23 PM
In WERA they're allowed in HeavyWeight Twins, just thought CCS may have an equivalent class, such as Thunderbike.

I'm assuming the 675 is allowed in F-40, correct? Didn't see any rule that said it wasn't, just want to be sure.

Just trying to see what I can run besides the typical Middle/Heavyweight classes.

They do, its called supertwins, and youre welcome to run your 675 in it. However, youre not allowed to run it against Buells and SV650s in thunderbike, for obvious reasons.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Eric Kelcher

Twin refers to two cylinder motorcycle

ie Supertwins is a class for two cylinder motorcycles
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

benprobst

BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Chris G.

Time to dig deep Rich.

4 race series at NJMP....just run the  triple in Am Middleweight and Hvwt and have fun....

I'll spread the love in the lighweights for you
Chris G.
CCS/WERA #35

Thanks RoadRacePrep.com!

antirich

Hey Chris,

Just trying to find ways to hand over more money to CCS this year ;-)

But now that there's no more blinged-out Thunderducks running in that class, I guess there's not reason to try it out  ::)

Chris G.

That bike was fun, but not a winner...

Next bike will be.....
Chris G.
CCS/WERA #35

Thanks RoadRacePrep.com!

tstruyk

Quote from: antirich on November 24, 2009, 09:04:24 PM
Just trying to find ways to hand over more money to CCS this year ;-)

GTO, GTU, MWSS, MWSB, MWGP, HWSS, HWSB, UNLSS, UNLSB, UNLGP, F40...

9 sprints and 2 GT's isnt enough???
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"