News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Unlimited F40 class.......who wants one? let's get a show of hands

Started by XFACTOR, November 15, 2009, 09:14:20 AM

skiandclimb

Didn't F-40 use to be age of bike plus age of rider equalling 40?  If so- what happened to that?  Sorry if this has been whipped to death in the past, just wondering.
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

Super Dave

Quote from: skiandclimb on November 17, 2009, 09:17:22 PM
Didn't F-40 use to be age of bike plus age of rider equalling 40?  If so- what happened to that?  Sorry if this has been whipped to death in the past, just wondering.
Yes, but that was quite a while ago.  1997 or so?  Can't remember.  Youngest a rider could be was 35 and race a five year old bike.
Super Dave

skiandclimb

Thanks for the info, Dave.  I thought I remembered it being that way a long time ago.  Low grids being the norm lately, I don't understand why that isn't revisited.  I'll be 35 in two weeks.  That being said, I'd love to be able to flog the old Duc in F40 class.  And I bet there's a few others that feel the same way. 

Do you know why there was a shift away from that mindest?
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

Super Dave

Quote from: skiandclimb on November 17, 2009, 09:26:46 PM
Thanks for the info, Dave.  I thought I remembered it being that way a long time ago.  Low grids being the norm lately, I don't understand why that isn't revisited.  I'll be 35 in two weeks.  That being said, I'd love to be able to flog the old Duc in F40 class.  And I bet there's a few others that feel the same way. 

Do you know why there was a shift away from that mindest?
I don't think it attracted a lot of riders in the way F40 in its current form has.  I wouldn't recognize how expanding it would necessarily result in more entries in F40. 

With the small grids, were you entering unlimited classes?
Super Dave

2old2fat2slow

Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

skiandclimb

Quote from: Super Dave on November 17, 2009, 09:38:43 PM
I don't think it attracted a lot of riders in the way F40 in its current form has.  I wouldn't recognize how expanding it would necessarily result in more entries in F40. 

With the small grids, were you entering unlimited classes?

Yeah, my bike has those "desmo" valves, you know...kinda limited to where its allowed. LOL
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

backMARKr

Quote from: Super Dave on November 17, 2009, 09:09:44 PM
LOL!  It's still just lots and lots of parts. 

I want Mitch to finish that H2 project of his.....COOOOOOL!
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

HAWK

Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Firecat

Quote from: Mike829 on November 17, 2009, 11:02:15 AM
How old are you Blume?

I'm currently 38...well on my way to 39...I will be there sooner than I would like.
Brian Blume
Hix Racing #803

Super Dave

Quote from: skiandclimb on November 17, 2009, 09:59:56 PM
Yeah, my bike has those "desmo" valves, you know...kinda limited to where its allowed. LOL
It's allowed in Unlimited.  I almost won ULGP on my gay SV1000 in 2007 at Gateway.  Definitely not as cool as anything Ducati.  Go race, dammit!!!  :)
Super Dave

Super Dave

Super Dave

HAWK

Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413