News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

BRIDGESTONE SLICKS

Started by santos, November 02, 2009, 05:20:53 PM

santos

This past weekend (YESTERDAY) have the race  in my Yamaha R1 and i have problems whit the rear tire like no gripe i use 190/645/17 medium compound in the race i start in cold whit 24 psi 30.5 hot and slide in the corners and slip on the curves for the second race  use the rubber before the qualification and this slide a little less all the racers that i sell the tires have the same issues rubber behaves as slippery as the Pirellis i dont now what to say ,because michellin never gave me this kind of problems and the floor have 129 t0 135 f grades ,88 to 92 grades in the day a sunny day and i qualify 2nd in the row at the race i use the same setting of the qualify but thye rear not work ending 5th and 4th for the second race .....the front tire have no issues all the 5 sets are use yesterday whit problems in the rear tire. We don't now what to think , my others partheners change pressures and slippers ,the racers over me have the dunlops ntecs ... at the end i have a metting whit the racers asking the pressures that they use and they said that they chage pressure but the tire slips

Noidly1

'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

roadracer162

Just my quick note. Pressures should be more like 30F and 28R hot. I find that running them higher on my Ultralight bike will cause traction problems. Then there is the matter of suspension geometry. Don't think that you can use the same geometry for the Michelins as you do for the Bridgestone. it just won't work to the optimum. I think Thermosman would be the best source of correlating Bridgestone with the proper geometry.

+1 on Derek.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

santos

I change the setting for the bridgestones...
Yesterday John Hutchinson from SOUTH CENTRAL RACE CENTER send me a email :
You are running too much air in the rear tire. Hot off the track the rear tire should he 25psi. Do you have tire warmers?
Yes hot off the track at 25psi. Cold will be around 21 or 22 psi. Warmers are a great tool and if you continue to race, you need to get some

The only thing is we dont have more time track until the next year ,or if i have the $$$$$ to go to Dominican Republic to race in 21-22 of november to that race and test again the tires .... if this not work we will force to move to another tire brand !!!!!!!!!!!! :wah:

more photos on this link:
http://puertoricosportbike.foroactivo.net/fotos-y-videos-f5/11-01-09-campeonato-salinas-prsb-fotos-y-feedback-desde-otro-punto-de-vista-by-chelopr-t1065.htm#14016

santos

I send email to Stick Boy thanks for the help guys  :boink: :thumb: is not easy trow a race for a tire ....but thanks to GOD will be another day...

roadracer162

I set my Bridgestone slciks(which I am told the BT003 are very similar) at 26F 22R cold. I end a session with 30F 28R hot. I typically will warm tires 40-45 minutes before the session, and I also maintain a lower temp throughout the day between sessions. I will then turn it back up before a session allowing enough time to ge to full temp.

Depending on what times you are racing and what competitive level you are currently will determine what brand tire will be best for you. On the little bikes there aren't the same traction problems as a bigger more powerful bike. Where it is similar is mid-corner speed where the Ultralight Ducati 800 is just the same weighing some 400 pounds.

I love the Bridgestones mainly because that is what I have started on and stuck with them. I know them well and contingency is pretty good. I have also found good results with Michelin on the Ducati 748 with a remarkable contingency program.

Mark

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

santos

Thanks Mark i love the bridgestones ,I have a thorn that has me intrigued , i will finish better position if i would have had better grip ,im faster in the corners entre and exit but i fight a lot whit My R1 ,at the final of the straight i slide my bike to enter in the corner and i feel a lot slipped too much to to the slide and i hear the engine not break whit the slipper clutch like as on other occasions , man we race so fast the first 5 places I had to leave l track  ,i dont brake at the straight and came back again and no one step against me recovering my position without having to fight with anyone ... thats i say if i was able to have the grip that i need i will finish a lot better.....

roadracer162

It's not the tire, but more it is the rider. The tire is a very capable tire and getting to know the characteristics of the Bridgestone will help. Most will tell you to go with Dunlop because a lot of fast guys are on Dunlop. There are a lot of fast guys on Michelin,and Pirelli too-it's just that you have to learn the tire.

If you are comfortable with sliding the bike then the Bridgestone may be for you. It will slide more than the Michelin and I am sure the Dunlop because they have incredible side grip. The Bridgestone tend to move around a bit but first make sure you have the proper geometry for the Bridgestone.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

santos

I will try to Race again in DOminican Republic or wait to next year ,ill try to find good prices to visit USA but the economic factors are much more ... Derek said to keep him inform abot it..... thanks again

roadracer162

There is racing in Homestead in South Florida in December.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

santos

Quote from: skidMARK on November 04, 2009, 12:35:38 PM
There is racing in Homestead in South Florida in December.

Yes i talk to Gus Sanches Skipper here i think hi is a parthner in the R1 Forum ,i will try ,the thing is the cost of the transportation of the bike to USA from Puerto Rico... i will check the cost.

roadracer162

Or you could rent one here. Maybe even Gus'.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22