WTB go fast stuff for 09 R6

Started by SV88, October 22, 2009, 11:23:33 AM

SV88

I'm facing the daunting financial challenge of setting up this salvage bike for next season - the good news is that I got it for a song but that doesn't mitigate the fact that I need a steering damper, stands, clipons/rearsets, exaust, PCV or race ECU.  If you have used parts that will work with this bike please email or pm me.  Started the bike and it appears to have a blown head gasked....

Thanks

Stephen
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

backMARKr

Quote from: SV88 on October 22, 2009, 11:23:33 AM
I'm facing the daunting financial challenge of setting up this salvage bike for next season - the good news is that I got it for a song but that doesn't mitigate the fact that I need complete bodywork, steering damper, stands, clipons/rearsets, exaust, PCV or race ECU.  If you have used parts that will work with this bike please email or pm me.

Thanks

Stephen

ahhh....the good old " I got it cheap "......let me know when you have 6 grand into it......

good luck...you should know better.
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

SV88

Ha, I'm starting @ less than a third of $6k.  The reality is that the bike is going to sit until I've got a significant income stream or a windfall.  It looks like my Texas/Chicago endo team is going to buy into the 05R6 which will liberate funds to prep the new bike if we don't use the money for medical insurance or food ;-)

Update (11/1/9)I have $2300 into the bike - initial purchase, seat, dented black tank w/o cap, race fb, fairing stay..... Still looking for hard left case cover, steering damper, steel lines, undented black tank.

ddsRacin

I have a complete '08 R6 racebike that I will part out.  25mm Ohlins forks, TTX Ohlins shock, LeoVince Ti full exhaust, Ohlins damper, Sharkskinz bodywork, Yoyodyne fairing bracket, Vortex rearsets, case covers and clipons, YEC kit ECU an wiring harness.  Let me know what you have interest in.  Would like to make a package sale rather than piecemeal.

Greeny

Quote from: ddsRacin on December 16, 2009, 05:47:24 PM
I have a complete '08 R6 racebike that I will part out.  25mm Ohlins forks, TTX Ohlins shock, LeoVince Ti full exhaust, Ohlins damper, Sharkskinz bodywork, Yoyodyne fairing bracket, Vortex rearsets, case covers and clipons, YEC kit ECU an wiring harness.  Let me know what you have interest in.  Would like to make a package sale rather than piecemeal.

i think i just sent u a PM...  doesn't show i sent anything, tho.  lemme know if u got it

SV88

12/18 update - no blown head gasket - just moisture in the cat cracker (sorry catalytic converter - too much time @ Marathon Petroleum!!) burning off.  This thing rocks, can wait to wind it out down into T5 @ RA in July!!  Got to remember to keep it up above 11k and my sv below 10k.

Priorities remain hard case covers, steering damper, a/m shock and full exhaust system (mainly weight savings).